***2017 VISITOR LIST***

8 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Alston is our only true OLB visiting for any games so far? Aren't we running a 3-4 defense? I also wonder why if we don't blitz, why we don't recruit bigger safeties to play OLB like an Antonio Reed. Getting Guy Thomas and hopefully Micah Parsons doesn't seem as great if they aren't rushing the QB 

Parsons is more then likely coming Oct 7th, he's an OLB. Otherwise, yes this is it so far. 

• Plus1 1

10 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

I'm not sure I'm following what you are saying. Parsons is the perfect build for a 3-4 OLB?

Yes he is, just not the way Diaco would use him it seems. If he went to Clemson lets say, he would be their version of Vic Beasley. Stand up and rush the passer. Here he would drop back and cover receivers

7 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Yes he is, just not the way Diaco would use him it seems. If he went to Clemson lets say, he would be their version of Vic Beasley. Stand up and rush the passer. Here he would drop back and cover receivers

I disagree, I think he would do both a be great at it.

We are currently using Gifford in that role, there a many plays during the game Gifford is rushing and many he drops into coverage.

No offense to Luke, he's been solid, but Micah has physical talents Luke doesn't. 

8 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

I disagree, I think he would do both a be great at it.

We are currently using Gifford in that role, there a many plays during the game Gifford is rushing and many he drops into coverage.

No offense to Luke, he's been solid, but Micah has physical talents Luke doesn't. 

I know he can be great at both. I cringe when Gifford has his hand in the dirt - I guess if we used Micah more in that role I would agree it would play to his strengths a lot better. At this time he hasn't even officially visited so I wont continue the discussion to get my hopes up. 

Just now, BIG ERN said:

I know he can be great at both. I cringe when Gifford has his hand in the dirt - I guess if we used Micah more in that role I would agree it would play to his strengths a lot better. At this time he hasn't even visited so I wont continue the discussion to get my hopes up. 

He has visited, on his own dime. Also, according to Wiltfong, he's coming back Oct. 7th. 

• Mavric unfeatured this topic
  • Mavric unpinned this topic