WR Isaah Crocker [Oregon - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

79 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Crocker commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/31/2018 at 07:11 AM

It is if they put up a similar number in the second half as the first. At the time of the post we were in the midst of a 42-14 first half beat down. 

You think those kids really even give us a look last year if Oregon wins by 30? No? Didn't think so. 

Luckily it's irrelevant and we made it a game in the second half.

I think a team's performance in one away game falls far behind a number of things when it comes to what is important to them during recruiting.  It would actually be an interesting question to ask a Senior.  For me it would be (not necessarily in this order):

• Coaches
  • Position coach
  • Facilities
  • Support (academic and after football)
  • Current roster at position
  • Team potential for 2-3 years out.
  • Location.

If I see a team that has strong coaching, facilities etc, and I'm as confident in my skills as these guys are, I actually look at the spot where I think I can get on the field faster, where I can be the guy that helps turn around a program (vs. the one that joins one on the downturn), where I can make the most out of my skills to get into the NFL or where I can get the best degree to use after FB.  As long as it's not a losing record program I don't give a hoot what the numbers are.  Now if the team was getting beat by 6-7 teams a year, or if they're losing big time to programs like Miami of Ohio or Baylor then I'd be worried.  Playing a top school tough at their home stadium wouldn't make me bat an eye.

3 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

I think a team's performance in one away game falls far behind a number of things when it comes to what is important to them during recruiting.  It would actually be an interesting question to ask a Senior.  For me it would be (not necessarily in this order):

• Coaches
  • Position coach
  • Facilities
  • Support (academic and after football)
  • Current roster at position
  • Team potential for 2-3 years out.
  • Location.

If I see a team that has strong coaching, facilities etc, and I'm as confident in my skills as these guys are, I actually look at the spot where I think I can get on the field faster, where I can be the guy that helps turn around a program (vs. the one that joins one on the downturn), where I can make the most out of my skills to get into the NFL or where I can get the best degree to use after FB.  As long as it's not a losing record program I don't give a hoot what the numbers are.  Now if the team was getting beat by 6-7 teams a year, or if they're losing big time to programs like Miami of Ohio or Baylor then I'd be worried.  Playing a top school tough at their home stadium wouldn't make me bat an eye.

Again my comment wasn't about the close contests. Mine was during the portion of the game where we were getting run off the field. I think those horrific losses are enough to make recruits reconsider. Luckily we made it so the game wasn't an embarrassment on the scoreboard in the end.

Close ones like last year and in the end this year like some have said don't probably play a deciding factor.

I like the list you made though.

Maybe he wanted to be at the game to see Nebraska's grit and comeback. He probably knew it was a great atmosphere. It's gotta impress a kid when a school half way across the country travels fans that fill 1/3 of a stadium. That screams support. That screams you have everything you need to succeed. He's gotta look at some of those balls that sailed over our 5'9" WR'd and think, man I could have made that catch and helped them win the game. 

1 hour ago, girlknowsfootball said:

Maybe he wanted to be at the game to see Nebraska's grit and comeback. He probably knew it was a great atmosphere. It's gotta impress a kid when a school half way across the country travels fans that fill 1/3 of a stadium. That screams support. That screams you have everything you need to succeed. He's gotta look at some of those balls that sailed over our 5'9" WR'd and think, man I could have made that catch and helped them win the game. 

Yeah - thats more in line with how I interpreted his post. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Word is he's still really interested in the Huskers but hasn't heard from the new staff yet.

Hopefully he will hear from them soon.  I like what I see in him, and if he is a guy that really wants to be here, that means more than most anything else.  Just as Frost said, he wants players that will bleed Husker red when they are on the field.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Mavric changed the title to WR Isaah Crocker [Oregon - Signed LOI]