Mavric

Jessica Shepard

This sucks. But it sucks for her to waste her talents on this team.

Williams should be fired yesterday.

27e5d4d1486416ec29e5b60b67d1fb3c.gif

Is there a concerted effort by Eichorst and the front office that no other sports beside football and volleyball can be successful? I guess you can throw in track as well but that coach has been here since SE was in the sack.

This is what happens when you force an elite coach out the door. Nebraska will go back to mediocrity unless it gets the players that want to be pushed past their limits so they can succeed. Amy is in a strange situation here, so it will take some time.

Best of luck to Jessica Shepard, maybe she makes the WNBA down the road and if she does good for her.

• Upvote 2

You guys are acting like Connie Yori did nothing to force the hand of the AD to have to let her go.

Funny one of the biggest proponents for getting rid of Yori is now leaving.

Good luck to her and hopefully she can commit to conditioning and reach the potential she has

• Upvote 3

Is there a concerted effort by Eichorst and the front office that no other sports beside football and volleyball can be successful? I guess you can throw in track as well but that coach has been here since SE was in the sack.

What are you talking about????? I wouldn't say football has been successful under him yet. So, basically only volleyball can be good.

What are you talking about????? I wouldn't say football has been successful under him yet. So, basically only volleyball can be good.

What sports were successful under Osborne as AD?

• Upvote 1

What sports were successful under Osborne as AD?

I don't believe we are talking about Osborne but if we were I would again say Volleyball. But I'm almost positive Osborne isn't AD anymore and the statement I quoted was about Eichorst so there's that.

What a diva. Forces a coach out and then promptly leaves when she doesn't like the new one. #GBR Jessica.

You guys are acting like Connie Yori did nothing to force the hand of the AD to have to let her go.

Connie pushed her players, and quite a few of them said any complaints about her pushing "too hard" were simply those not wanting to work for their spots.

What a diva. Forces a coach out and then promptly leaves when she doesn't like the new one. #GBR Jessica.

Connie pushed her players, and quite a few of them said any complaints about her pushing "too hard" were simply those not wanting to work for their spots.

And then there was the whole part of her trying to influence players to testify on her behalf in her divorce proceedings?

I wasn't as clear as I should have been. Football money is being spent on new assistant coaches and support staff in recruiting. They are at least making the effort and giving it every chance to be successful. WBB hired a young coach with few national connections and said "Good luck".

Please, connect the dots as to how this is Eichorst's fault.

Hindsight being 20/20, it's really easy to call people out, but it seems Williams has more than made up for both last year and Shepard leaving the program. 

14 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Hindsight being 20/20, it's really easy to call people out, but it seems Williams has more than made up for both last year and Shepard leaving the program. 

What does that even mean? Made up for what? Once again, are we demanding coaches go undefeated in their first season? 

5 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

What does that even mean? Made up for what? Once again, are we demanding coaches go undefeated in their first season? 

Look at the top of the thread; people were calling for her head after one bad season and one player transfer. This year, they're an at-large team in the tournament. 

On 3/27/2017 at 1:59 PM, Mavric said:

This sucks. But it sucks for her to waste her talents on this team.

Still agree?

4 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Look at the top of the thread; people were calling for her head after one bad season and one player transfer. This year, they're an at-large team in the tournament. 

Fair enough. Sometimes it takes a minute. Sometimes zero Husker fans allow that time.

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

Still agree?

Fair enough. Sometimes it takes a minute. Sometimes zero Husker fans allow that time.

This is very true. 

Was transferring the best decision for her? Sure; she's at a better program and in the Final Four. 

Would she have been alright on this year's team? Probably; they were a tournament team without her. 

Was transferring mutually beneficial for all parties involved? Probably so. 

Can I only write posts with questions in them? We'll see? #PerdHaply

• Plus1 2

26 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Incredible game.

And a great game for Shepard as well

Two bad turnovers at the end of regulation, but she bounced back and overall had a solid game and got a win which is all that matters. Congrats and hopefully she can get a title.

I was a little chapped that a Nebraska girl would jump ship after one year in the program but I think it has worked out well for both parties.  I'm still not sure what NCAA rule allowed her to play without sitting out a year.

56 minutes ago, TonyStalloni said:

I was a little chapped that a Nebraska girl would jump ship after one year in the program but I think it has worked out well for both parties.  I'm still not sure what NCAA rule allowed her to play without sitting out a year.

They said during the game last night that she applied for a waiver and it was granted just a couple hours before Notre Dame's first exhibition game.

I don't know what the basis for her appeal was but she wasn't expecting to get it.

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

They said during the game last night that she applied for a waiver and it was granted just a couple hours before Notre Dame's first exhibition game.

I don't know what the basis for her appeal was but she wasn't expecting to get it.

Of course they granted it....It's Notre Dame, don't ya know...

• Plus1 1