Justice League

I will see it.

It honestly can't be any worse than B v S, can it?

:blink:

P.S. I loved Suicide Squad and will fight anyone who says it is a bad movie.

:P

Love is a little too strong of an adjective to describe Suicide Squad, it was OK. The clamatic scene and the bad guy/gal were kinda dumb.

I will see it.

Love is a little too strong of an adjective to describe Suicide Squad, it was OK. The clamatic scene and the bad guy/gal were kinda dumb.

You wanna go right now tough guy???? Cuz ​I will.... :blink::P

As far as the final climatic scene, it's a movie based off of a comic book. And plus, I loved the themes they interlaced throughout the film.

I think people who criticize movies based off of comic books need to step back and understand the source material.

Suicide Squad is a comic book movie, it uses comic book logic, and visuals.

The same can be said of B v S, but in my estimation, B v S's biggest issue was they tried to do too much. And honestly, we didn't need to see Bruce Wayne's parents killed in this film.

To the point about B v S...it excited my inner nerd when I saw how they incorporated the batclaw slam from the video games into this film.

LOMS said: You can understand the source material and still come to an informed decision of these movies being a result of poor filmmaking.

​Totally understand that.

But people are taking these comic book super hero movies so seriously--and that's what seems kind of silly to me. :dunno

I guess all I see from my friends/acquaintances is not liking the movies because they don't think they're any good. Which...in the case of BvS and Suicide Squad (not to mention plenty of other superhero movies, to be fair), is kind of hard to argue against as someone who is a filmmaker vocationally.

I don't know what taking these movies so seriously even means.

I will see it.

You wanna go right now tough guy???? Cuz ​I will.... :blink::P

As far as the final climatic scene, it's a movie based off of a comic book. And plus, I loved the themes they interlaced throughout the film.

I think people who criticize movies based off of comic books need to step back and understand the source material.

Suicide Squad is a comic book movie, it uses comic book logic, and visuals.

The same can be said of B v S, but in my estimation, B v S's biggest issue was they tried to do too much. And honestly, we didn't need to see Bruce Wayne's parents killed in this film.

To the point about B v S...it excited my inner nerd when I saw how they incorporated the batclaw slam from the video games into this film.

As I said IMO the movie was OK, I didn't think it was terrible, but I ddin't think it was great. I liked Deadpool, a lot better than SC, but I ddin't like it as well as some superhero movies I have seen. But, I think Deadpool did a good job of staying with the source material. I just saw Logan on Friday, I liked it a lot. IMO probably the best of the X-Men franchise.

LOMS said: You can understand the source material and still come to an informed decision of these movies being a result of poor filmmaking.

​Totally understand that.

But people are taking these comic book super hero movies so seriously--and that's what seems kind of silly to me. :dunno

I guess all I see from my friends/acquaintances is not liking the movies because they don't think they're any good. Which...in the case of BvS and Suicide Squad (not to mention plenty of other superhero movies, to be fair), is kind of hard to argue against as someone who is a filmmaker vocationally.

I don't know what taking these movies so seriously even means.

It means criticizing it relentlessly for bad dialogue, plot holes, or using deus ex machina...

It means people should just go to a superhero film and enjoy it for what it is--2-3 hours of escapist entertainment.

It means criticizing it relentlessly for bad dialogue, plot holes, or using deus ex machina...

It means people should just go to a superhero film and enjoy it for what it is--2-3 hours of escapist entertainment.

Are people not allowed to do that for movies that are awful?

Are people always able to enjoy movies even when they're awful?

Are people not allowed to do that for movies that are awful?

Are people always able to enjoy movies even when they're awful?

Of course they're allowed to criticize movies that are awful. The things is, "awful" is subjective. Most people thought Suicide Squad was awful. I loved it. Does that make my opinion any less valid because I am in the minority?

Of course people probably won't enjoy movies if they think they're awful. It comes down to genre and subject matter. I give far more leeway and leniency to a comic book movie than I do to a movie about a historic event.