Handgun shopping

I am in the market for a new home protection/range toy. Probably won't be going through conceal class anytime soon, so doesn't necessarily need to be real small.

I originally was looking at something in 45 but have drifted back into looking just at 9mm. I could be talked back into it though.

What do yall have and had the best luck with? I've shot M&P 9mm many times and don't have any complaints. I've also shot a few variations of the 1911 but that's a wee bit out of what I'm looking to spend.

Everyone I've heard that owns a G19 loves them, but I haven't shot one personally. Not sure how I would like the dual trigger/safety mechanism on those.

I have a Heckler&Koch VP9 that I bought a year or two ago. Relatively light with a nice trigger and has a green luminescent sight that is a nice little addition. Little nicer than your standard Glock and won't break the bank. I would highly recommend.

vp9s.jpg

That's a sharp looking weapon. Never shot H&K, but I've heard they make good stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

I have never really gotten into hand guns. I honestly don't have a need for one. But, if I were to buy one, I think it would have to be one that has historic story behind it like a Colt 45 or a Kentucky Muzzleloading handgun.

the old 45 long colt.I have a Ruger black hawk in that and also have a bunch of old black powder loads for it.talk about slooooooowwwww!BRB I think you would enjoy a good cap and ball pistol.I have a 32 and a 44 cap that I use for rabbit hunting.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 3/28/2017 at 5:24 PM, RedSavage said:

I have a Heckler&Koch VP9 that I bought a year or two ago. Relatively light with a nice trigger and has a green luminescent sight that is a nice little addition. Little nicer than your standard Glock and won't break the bank. I would highly recommend.

vp9s.jpg

don't really get away from football related topics so I'm just now seeing this.  I like your style.  I have a VP40 and love it.  Was just out shooting it on a farm for the 4th and I believe I converted my buddy who is a glock fanboy.