Handgun shopping

6 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

don't really get away from football related topics so I'm just now seeing this.  I like your style.  I have a VP40 and love it.  Was just out shooting it on a farm for the 4th and I believe I converted my buddy who is a glock fanboy.

Nice, that's also a nice gun.  I really like the VP9.  Unfortunately, I don't get to shoot it as much as I'd like bc the range gets to be a little pricey.  They are much nicer guns than glocks.

• 4 years later...

On 3/29/2017 at 7:53 PM, SCode said:

I'm a bit partial to SIGs. P227 in .45 or P226 in 9 or .40. A little (lot) more on the spendy side, but you do get what you pay for.

I second this. I will add that I prefer an all-metal gun to the mostly plastic ones. More stable platform, less felt recoil and just easier to fire the second (and beyond) shots more accurately. I also prefer SA/DA to striker-fire and other platforms. I like the fact that my P226 has no safety. DA trigger is about 12#, drops to under 3# with a short reset in SA

• 1 year later...