Ed Morrow

Ok well that doesn't change the fact most of the best players in the country are rated pretty poorly by this standard, are they inefficient players?

No, not at all.

You just have to remember posters on HuskerBoard are going to always use the statistic or "fact" that always sides with their side of the story.

Ok well that doesn't change the fact most of the best players in the country are rated pretty poorly by this standard, are they inefficient players?

No, not at all.

You just have to remember posters on HuskerBoard are going to always use the statistic or "fact" that always sides with their side of the story.

Which would seem to be generally better than having nothing to back up your argument other than "because I said so."

I've never said that one stat makes Morrow a great player. In fact, I've said he's a limited offensive player but his high-energy makes him a very useful player to have. He's not perfect, but he's well above average.

People tried to say we wouldn't really miss Shields. Then they tried to say we'd be better off without White. That we had so much talent coming up that we were in great shape. All that produced was the most losses in school history.

Now people are trying to dismiss Morrow. I think it's pretty obvious that people are just trying trying to convince themselves that things are better than they really are. Which is kind of a trend when it comes to Nebrasketball now-a-days.

No, not at all.

Which would seem to be generally better than having nothing to back up your argument other than "because I said so."

I've never said that one stat makes Morrow a great player. In fact, I've said he's a limited offensive player but his high-energy makes him a very useful player to have. He's not perfect, but he's well above average.

People tried to say we wouldn't really miss Shields. Then they tried to say we'd be better off without White. That we had so much talent coming up that we were in great shape. All that produced was the most losses in school history.

Now people are trying to dismiss Morrow. I think it's pretty obvious that people are just trying trying to convince themselves that things are better than they really are. Which is kind of a trend when it comes to Nebrasketball now-a-days.

Did you say that in this thread? I've said over and over again what I think about Morrow. His talents would be great off our bench. I thought a ton about Shields and White, so not sure that the dismissal statement works on me.

I believe Mavric posted in another thread that Ed was our most efficient player based off ESPN player efficiency ratings. Pretty tough to believe anyone can dismiss a guy who was averaging 10 and 8 in 23 mpg while being undersized and playing hurt. Jorday may end up being the better player, as he has a higher ceiling, but Ed is definitely the best 4/5 we have/had right now.

I'm not exactly dismissing him, I'm saying for us to compete at a high level, he would be a back-up post player. Not our best player. So, maybe that is why we went 12-18.

I went and looked at his game-logs, and he had some really nice games against high level competition (or teams that made the NCAA tournament), then he completely didn't show up in the stat sheet against some sub-par opponents that we ended up losing to.

Do I wish he was staying? Yes. Do I think we are lost without him? Absolutely not.

How many games did we win when he wasn't playing last year?

Beat Purdue, does that count?
so 1?

Lol 😂 that was actually a question. Did we really only win one game without him?

No, not at all.

Did you say that in this thread? I've said over and over again what I think about Morrow. His talents would be great off our bench. I thought a ton about Shields and White, so not sure that the dismissal statement works on me.

No, not in this thread. In the discussion from before it was known that he is leaving:

Yes, I'm a Morrow fan. That doesn't mean that I think he's an All-American. He's a very limited offensive player. So is Jacobson. So is Jordy, though he at least has some potential. Yet another reason that the "most talent ever" argument is laughable. But as to Morrow, he's a high-energy, highly athletic player. He goes all out and is a beast on the boards. He's currently #8 in the B1G in rebounding, t-14 in FG%, t-12 in blocks per game and leading the conference in offensive rebounds per game. That's not a perfect player but that's bringing quite a bit to the table.

The guy dominating the second national semifinal game with his offensive rebounding averaged 3.6 per game this year.

Morrow averaged 3.2 per game.

That must be another broken stat.

can't really be broken when it's so straightforward. He's a good rebounder, an invaluable trait. PER still sucks.

No...he sucks? Why would a team that just went that far in the dance want him?
He would be the 2nd guy off the bench and play the 3 for 7-10 minutes a game. He was a much bigger deal to our team. I don't think he sucked, people keep trying to justify it's not a big deal. It is a huge freaking deal

If he plays the 3 at all, Xavier will see regression during his minutes... now if they play him at the 4 ;for 7 'minutes..... look out.

Interesting how people are suddenly experts on the roster of a team they really don't know much about.

Of the players on their roster who played more than 11 minutes per game, five of the eight are guards and of those five one is a senior and one declared for the NBA draft. Of the other three front court players, the one who played the most minutes was a senior and the other two averaged about 6 points and 3/4 rebounds.

I think they have some minutes available, especially in the post.

• Fire 4
  • Mavric changed the title to Ed Morrow