Ed Morrow

The Huskers signed 15 recruits/transfers from 2013-2016.

At best, 7 of them will complete their eligibility here.

As I said in the Horne thread, guys transferring every year is now a "thing" in college basketball. I'm not going to crucify Miles for that. Its the winning games that I have a problem with.

This twit from 2 weeks ago shows each program should expect to lose 2-3 players/year.

https://twitter.com/huskerextracb/status/842090042512273412

Generally speaking, I agree with you. Transfers are pretty common. But it's usually the Fuller/Horne type guys who are barely playing. Not so much guys who are starters/major contributors.

Well, except for the very guy that transferred here, Copeland.
And Copeland was transferring away from Georgetown, who was having major issues of its own at the time, and ended up firing John Thompson III at the end of the season. Morrow transferring is a red flag for Miles.
  • Fire 1

To me this is a huge red flag. I can understand Horne and Fuller transferring, but losing a guy like Morrow the year after Andrew White transfers makes me wonder if there is some behind the scene stuff that players aren't liking about Miles. Miles better have a much better season next year or he's gone. Sucks too because I wanted it to work for him but things are trending in the wrong direction.

• Fire 1

As I said in the Horne thread, guys transferring every year is now a "thing" in college basketball. I'm not going to crucify Miles for that. Its the winning games that I have a problem with.

This twit from 2 weeks ago shows each program should expect to lose 2-3 players/year.

Generally speaking, I agree with you. Transfers are pretty common. But it's usually the Fuller/Horne type guys who are barely playing. Not so much guys who are starters/major contributors.

Copeland is going to be a great player for us - that isn't what this thread is about. Ed Morrow as a Sophomore averaged more rebounds than any one has at Nebraska over the past 9 seasons. To say that he would be an okay player off the bench is just ludicrous. We aren't Kentucky

• Fire 4

Sharpe and Benning made a good point this morning: Eichorst isn't going to fire Miles at this point. It would send a terrible message to prospective coaches and recruit and it would be wishy washy, and Eichorst is nothing if not wishy washy.

The conversation that I hope is happening is Eichorst talking to Miles about real estate in Dayton OH, Seattle and Willmington, NC.

Surprised, but as I've said before, ideally he isn't a starter anyways. Undersized big man who can barely throw it down off two feet.

Wish him the best, hard worker, but always hurt...

You are an idiot. When he was healthy he was our best player.

SO.. Mods, we are allowing name calling?

And he wasn't our best player, he was our best POST player, which wasn't saying much at the time. Jordy actually supplanted him in that role late in the season.

Watson and Webster were our best players throughout the course of the season.

Remember that time against Wisconsin our BEST player missed two free throws and we lost the game shortly after? Some best player.

• Fire 2

Copeland is going to be a great player for us - that isn't what this thread is about. Ed Morrow as a Sophomore averaged more rebounds than any one has at Nebraska over the past 9 seasons. To say that he would be an okay player off the bench is just ludicrous. We aren't Kentucky

I think that fact is more SAD than it is impressive.

So then what is everyone complaining about? We aren't Kentucky, not supposed to win Championships at little old Nebraska.

• Fire 2

I believe Mavric posted in another thread that Ed was our most efficient player based off ESPN player efficiency ratings. Pretty tough to believe anyone can dismiss a guy who was averaging 10 and 8 in 23 mpg while being undersized and playing hurt. Jorday may end up being the better player, as he has a higher ceiling, but Ed is definitely the best 4/5 we have/had right now.

• Fire 2
  • Mavric changed the title to Ed Morrow