LB David Alston [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

39 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Alston commit?

• Nebraska
    • Minnesota
    • Iowa State
    • Utah

This poll is closed to new votes

• Mavric changed the title to LB David Alston [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

On 9/15/2017 at 11:06 AM, Touchdown Tommie said:

He is a good player, but I was just trying to point out that with the small class I thought we were going to be a little more picky. I am sure he could be built into a better player in the future...would be great to get a guy that can go quickly with the current depth issues. Also, this year he is the only stud they have...last two years they had D1 prospects at multiple positions and we had to focus more on them then Alston.

I'm happy for any commit this staff gets right now as I'm so much more confident that we can actually begin truly developing players again but yeah after watching his tape I wasn't exactly blown away.  To me his biggest strength seems to be his height.  He batted a lot of balls down.  I do agree w/your original comment though.  Again I'm way more confident in this staff as far as development goes.

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

easily my favorite quote from that article: 

Alston, too, was consistently looking at fit. There were schools that he ruled out early in the process because they didn’t provide exactly what he was looking for. Nebraska did. Alston, who hopes to enter college with enough credits in hand to be a sophomore academically, or close to it, will enter Nebraska’s business school with a focus on marketing. He already is looking at graduate school options at Nebraska, thinking he’ll either stick with business or go to law school.

“David doesn’t have any red flags, and that’s probably the best part,” Hill said. “I don’t need to have concerns about his character, or will he go to class or will he do well. I don’t have concerns about will he be able to adjust to the college game, which is much more complex and it’s much deeper. How he thinks and he works is great. Will he really get bigger? Yeah, because he works with a nutritionist and he goes to his workouts.”

what an impressive young man. Can't wait to watch him play.

• Plus1 2

After having read several of the threads for players in the 2018 recruiting class, it appears to me that the focus of this 2018 class is depth for the future, not finding guys to come in and play right away.

I'm not seeing many players, aside from RB Greg Bell and QB Adrian Martinez who could come in and start right away.  Most of the players we've signed thus far seem to be redshirt guys who'll take a couple years to develop.

The 2019 class and beyond should be the top-notch class(es) we're looking for.  

1 hour ago, Making Chimichangas said:

After having read several of the threads for players in the 2018 recruiting class, it appears to me that the focus of this 2018 class is depth for the future, not finding guys to come in and play right away.

I'm not seeing many players, aside from RB Greg Bell and QB Adrian Martinez who could come in and start right away.  Most of the players we've signed thus far seem to be redshirt guys who'll take a couple years to develop.

SF is not interested on stars like most fans. 

1 hour ago, Making Chimichangas said:

What makes you think most can't contribute right away? Star rankings?  

I think it's folly to base opinions solely on those.