LB David Alston [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

39 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Alston commit?

• Nebraska
    • Minnesota
    • Iowa State
    • Utah

This poll is closed to new votes

9 minutes ago, PattyG said:

But is his offer commitable? Are we waiting on Parsons?

It sounds like it is commitable. We will take this guy and Parsons will always have the green light to commit. Might be wrong but I think they play opposite OLB's or maybe we project this guy on the other side of Parsons. Regardless, Parsons comes in and plays and this guy comes in and redshirts to develop in the system.

Edit: They both play the same OLB spot, we can take both because Parsons-if we land him will only be here 3 years while Alston will be here longer.

• Plus1 1

“David is very explosive for how long he is, and his football IQ is so high that he is usually in the right place at the right time,” Woodbury coach Andy Hill said. “His biggest strength is probably rushing the passer, so most teams will double or triple team him or try to sprint out away. He still gets there, but the offense pays a lot of attention to where No. 5 (Alston) is lined up.”

Hill tells coaches Alston is the first prospect he’s had with zero red flags on or off the field. Instead of racking up scholarship offers for the sake of it, Hill said, Alston chose to zero in on a few schools where he thought he’d fit best. The Huskers, Wisconsin and Stanford are near the top. Hill said Alston was “very intrigued” by his unofficial visit to Nebraska in the spring.

“David is very mature and analytical in his thinking, which is why he doesn't rush to make a decision,” Hill said.

OWH

• Plus1 1

14 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I'm all for under rated guys. I think most people's concern is your margin for error is probably slimmer with higher rated guys. Less chance of a miss 

..... what?

Both scenarios are bad. 

If a kid doesn't pan out... you feel some moral victory if at least "it's okay, he was only a 3 star"?

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, REDFANATIC said:

“David is very explosive for how long he is, and his football IQ is so high that he is usually in the right place at the right time,” Woodbury coach Andy Hill said. “His biggest strength is probably rushing the passer, so most teams will double or triple team him or try to sprint out away. He still gets there, but the offense pays a lot of attention to where No. 5 (Alston) is lined up.”

This is a direct contradiction to ... 

On 5/22/2017 at 8:52 PM, Touchdown Tommie said:

Gotta be a plan B guy. He is a good player, but with this small class there are others that we need to take. Coached against this kid the last two years...as I have said before, there were others we were more concerned with. This year should be different for them though....will be interesting to see how he does.

13 hours ago, Atbone95 said:

This is a direct contradiction to ... 

He is a good player, but I was just trying to point out that with the small class I thought we were going to be a little more picky. I am sure he could be built into a better player in the future...would be great to get a guy that can go quickly with the current depth issues. Also, this year he is the only stud they have...last two years they had D1 prospects at multiple positions and we had to focus more on them then Alston.

• Mavric changed the title to LB David Alston [Nebraska - Signed LOI]
  • Huskerzoo pinned this topic