Tristan Gebbia

I wonder if he’s pissed because he honesty thought he should’ve won the job and so he’s angry and wants to go...or if he totally sees that AM is far ahead of him and he’ll never really play barring injury. 

He needs to stick it out. 

• Plus1 2

6 minutes ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

If Gebbia wants to make it to the NFL he's not going to do it behind Martinez.

It's a tough call either way. He's pretty much guaranteed to play in some capacity if he stays at Nebraska in 2018, which will be great experience. Going to another D1 school means he could get a jump start on a playbook and then compete for a starting job in 2019. Depends what he values more.

5 minutes ago, I am I said:

I wonder if he’s pissed because he honesty thought he should’ve won the job and so he’s angry and wants to go...or if he totally sees that AM is far ahead of him and he’ll never really play barring injury. 

Option 1 seems most likely

• Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, I am I said:

He needs to make whatever decision is best for him and his family. Sucks for Nebraska if he chooses to leave, but that's the nature of the beast. 

• Plus1 6

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Gebbia is by all accounts a great kid, a talented quarterback, and a leader on the team. He may be the hardest worker on the roster and poured his heart and soul into winning the job. He’s also a young man who’s just been told that despite all that work, sweat, drive, and leadership, it just wasn’t enough. So he’ll have to watch someone else lead the team this fall. It’s hard to imagine how hard that would be.

Cut Gebbia some slack. He’s earned it.

I agree but I also don't see anyone being "hard" on him, maybe I missed it though

Good friggen Lord.

I'm sitting here listening to Martinez talk about his shoulder injury, recovery and time away from the game.  I was thinking....hey, he could be great till he gets hit just wrong on that shoulder....but, glad we have a good backup.

Then I saw the tweets on this.

:facepalm::bang

Why can't we have nice things?

• Plus1 3

I bit my tongue pretty hard when AM was named starter because I had a sinking feeling this would happen.  Hope it's just the initial disappointment of not winning the job type reaction and he's smart enough to see that just because he didn't win it for Akron does not mean that the race is over by any means.  I'm sure teammates are smart enough to stress to him that halfway through the year it could just as easily be him if things don't go well, and he should know that already as well.

But this is also the crown jewel of Riley's recruiting, hard to say where his mindset truly is.  "I didn't win it, I'll never win it, this isn't my coach" is probably a thought that's gone through his head.  That said, I don't doubt for a second HCSF made the right choice in naming his initial starter, and Tristan pay attention to that word initial starter.

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Tristan Gebbia