Tristan Gebbia

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

No, that's only if he doesn't play on Saturday.  He gains nothing by missing practice today other than possibly losing respect from players and coaches.

He doesn't gain anything.  But if he leaves, he doesn't lose anything either.

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Meanwhile, if he stays, he plays at least some this year and possibly, if injury or Martinez struggles, he could end up starting some games this year.  He proves he either is the starter here or he proves to another coach that he's a team player and can compete.

OTOH, if he stays and noting really changes then he leaves after the season, he'll also have to sit out next year as well.  So then he'd lose a third year.

I’m very disappointed to hear this.  I’ll echo those thoughts that maybe he felt that he hadn’t been treated fairly.  They had a chart that tracks players’ performances that all the players in that position can see.  So, it should be pretty apparent to all the qbs how close it was.  For him to just not show up makes me believe that he was top of the chart and that they didn’t chose him to start.  

Yes, this is all speculation, but that’s all we have right now.

• Plus1 3

I understand his decision. Obviously, he felt like he put in the time and work and wasn't that much different than AM. To not get the nod would discourage anyone. As nice as it is to stick it out for the team, at the end of the day he has to look out for himself and his goals. If he doesn't believe he'll reach those goals here, then by all means he should leave. 

However, he isn't far away from being the starter if AM goes down with injury or underperforms. I would at least stick it out for the season - you lose a year transferring anyway. 

• Plus1 1

Everything we’ve heard about him is that he has worked tirelessly with the playbook and helped a lot of the younger skill position players. How hard he worked for the starting job also forced Martinez to be that much better to win it and guaranteed that the most deserving guy won the job.

I’ll be disappointed to see him go, if he chooses that, but I also won’t blame him and I’ll be grateful for the work he put in to make our team better. Best of luck to him on his journey.

• Plus1 2

11 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Gebbia's dad had put out feelers to schools in/around California in case Tristan did lose the #1 QB job.

Or Mississippi. 

9 minutes ago, Toe said:

Who cares? If he's gone, he's gone, and I don't really care what happens after that.

#OnceAHusker

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Tristan Gebbia