Tristan Gebbia

17 minutes ago, dvdcrr said:

You know, when Tommy was declared the starter over Brook Berringer  he didn't pack up and leave the program.  Instead he worked his tail off, both for himself but also for the TEAM.  He wanted to be a Husker. Gebbia has shown that he really did not care about the Huskers in the end.

Or that he cares about his own future more.  You can't fault him for that.  Staying would have cost him a year and then he would have transferred anyway.  At least now he still loses the year, but can get up to speed with his new school and be eligible next season if he transfers to another P5 school.

• Plus1 1

Surprised by this but looks to be the trend of the day.  AM could easily go down or not play well.  There is no guarantee Gebbia will play elsewhere either.  Assuming he had a plan B all along so would not surprise me if we hear quickly where he lands.  Gebbia is from my alma mater, Calabasas High, so was hoping he could do well here.  Seemed like he was a good teammate and worked really hard and thus I'd think he'd see the field some.  I guess I will just chalk this up to...AM must be an absolute BEAST!!!  :cowbell::cheers:corndance:band:koolaid2:There, I feel better now.

I never understood why Gebia did not seek his release  immediately after the coaching change.  His body type did not fit this offense and in the end that was the difference.  Based on how quickly he dis-enrolled and asked for his scholly release Gebia and family had a plan in place  if not named the starter.  In the short run, he took valuable REPs away from the next kid on the list to be ready as the backup. Not a good look on his part.

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, hucksker said:

I never understood why Gebia did not seek his release  immediately after the coaching change.  His body type did not fit this offense and in the end that was the difference.  Based on how quickly he dis-enrolled and asked for his scholly release Gebia and family had a plan in place  if not named the starter.  In the short run, he took valuable REPs away from the next kid on the list to be ready as the backup. Not a good look on his part.

I guess you could argue that he was the competition that pushed Martinez during practice 

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, huskerfan333157 said:

I'm just disappointed in our fanbase.  Instead of wishing the kid the best (he worked his ass off while he was here) we are calling him, "soft, weak, not a team player, bad attitude" etc.  We are so selfish and only care about our "Nebraska football" that we don't care he's doing what's best for him and what's best to further his career to the next level.  We would all go elsewhere for a job if that included better opportunities.  We need to look in the mirror, we're no better than the ksu, cu, mizzou, Texas fans that we despise.  Gebbia put the work in while he was here, let's wish him the best instead of being salty about it.

Amen.

+1

7 minutes ago, huskerfan333157 said:

I'm just disappointed in our fanbase.  Instead of wishing the kid the best (he worked his ass off while he was here) we are calling him, "soft, weak, not a team player, bad attitude" etc.  We are so selfish and only care about our "Nebraska football" that we don't care he's doing what's best for him and what's best to further his career to the next level.  We would all go elsewhere for a job if that included better opportunities.  We need to look in the mirror, we're no better than the ksu, cu, mizzou, Texas fans that we despise.  Gebbia put the work in while he was here, let's wish him the best instead of being salty about it.

Amen.

He's transferring for himself. You can't at the same time care more about the team and transfer because it's best for yourself. Not everyone thinks it's a negative. Many people have stated he's doing what's best for him and have no problem with that and would do the same thing.

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

He's transferring for himself. You can't at the same time care more about the team and transfer because it's best for yourself. Not everyone thinks it's a negative. Many people have stated he's doing what's best for him and have no problem with that and would do the same thing.

There are a lot of people outside of huskerboard who aren't as accepting.  Like I said, would you stay in a company where you like your co workers aka team over transferring to another company where you could move up the ladder in a short time to possibly make a lot more money?

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, hucksker said:

I think you can put it together.

Terrible season ends

Terrible coach and staff terminated

New coach comes in from an undefeated season (and saught after)

Returning starting QB bails

POB bails (backup)

TG is given a fair chance to win the starting job

TG is talented, smart, and knows he has to beat out a true frosh that didn't play his SR year of HS bc of injury.

And the other competition are walkons.

Plan B is to bail if somehow he doesnt become starter. 

Go ball out and win the job, but have backup plan immediately ready to rollout and bail.

Nothing personal, just business 

• Plus1 9

If AM goes down, this season just became a potential nightmare.  I guess that is what disappoints me the most.  TG is a vital / essential player to the team and how we do this year.  We need a thread on Bunch because its been AM/TG talk and Bunch might become one of the the most important players of the season if he has to play a lot of snaps or spell AM a game or two, especially if we are doing well and have a lot at stake.  

• Plus1 1

A lot of people project theirfeelings of being part of the Husker program on these kids, especially those who come from out of state. He sounds like a really good kid, but the bottom line is Nebraska was a stepping stone on his (hopefull) path to the NFL. 

We we all want these kids to bleed Husker red, but I’m not sure that is even prevalent out there in the Nebraska high school kids anymore, let alone a kid from California. 

Dissapounted in his decision? Sure. Understand it?  Definitely

• Plus1 3
  • Mavric changed the title to Tristan Gebbia