Tristan Gebbia

42 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

He's transferring for himself. You can't at the same time care more about the team and transfer because it's best for yourself. Not everyone thinks it's a negative. Many people have stated he's doing what's best for him and have no problem with that and would do the same thing.

+1.     i want to hear about Bunch and how he is progressing.

8 hours ago, MichiganDad3 said:

Now that TG took his ball and went home, does that mean we can give a scholarship to a walk on? It seems unfair if TB's scholarship counts against Nebraska, yet TG gets credit for being enrolled at another school at the same time.

It's burned. Two years of scholarships at Nebraska, leaving us nothing to show for it.

8 hours ago, lo country said:

None of Rliey's QB's made a difference at NU...

Hey, Bunch counts as a Riley recruit! It wouldn't take much for him to pass the combined total wins of Tanner Lee, Potatoes O'Brien, and Tristan Gebbia at Nebraska! :koolaid2:

8 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

What if anything do we know about Bunch and or Masker beyond the fact that neither made the depth chart and reportedly were not anywhere near being in the QB race as a practical matter?

Go back and watch the spring game again and see how you feel about Bunch. Most of us thought he looked pretty decent, and Frost called him a "pleasant surprise".

7 hours ago, Hans Gruber said:

2013: Taylor Martinez, Tommy Armstrong and Ryker Fyfe each started at least once.

Did you forget Ron Kellogg? Fyfe was never a starter in 2013, looks like he played a single snap that year.

1 hour ago, BoSolich said:

a lot of people seem to be forgetting that gebbia didn't come here to play in a spread offense. he came here to play in a pro offense. i have no idea how anyone can fault him for leaving. He deserves credit for sticking it out until the end.

The bad news for Gebbia is the NFL is changing. What people call a spread offense is becoming the NFL offense.

5 hours ago, Hans Gruber said:

It's also not a stretch to say Martinez could really struggle. True freshman don't have a great track record in college football history. Obviously there are exceptions

The exceptions tend to be recent and more and more top programs are willing to start freshmen.

36 minutes ago, Landlord said:

What's the percentage of backups who stick it out and then get drafted in the NFL? Would love to see how common of an occurrence that is. 

Pretty hard to make the league if you don't start. On the other hand, there aren't many Baker Mayfield's, either. Guys that transfer into major college programs, start, and then get drafted are very rare it appears, too. With so many talented transfers that seems low. Maybe given enough time we see that trend change. Right now, most of the transfers that make it to the NFL are from lower tier schools, consequently getting drafted lower and having a harder time making a team. When a QB decides to transfer like this, it can be a tough road.

1 hour ago, Toe said:

It's burned. Two years of scholarships at Nebraska, leaving us nothing to show for it.

Hey, Bunch counts as a Riley recruit! It wouldn't take much for him to pass the combined total wins of Tanner Lee, Potatoes O'Brien, and Tristan Gebbia at Nebraska! :koolaid2:

Go back and watch the spring game again and see how you feel about Bunch. Most of us thought he looked pretty decent, and Frost called him a "pleasant surprise".

Did you forget Ron Kellogg? Fyfe was never a starter in 2013, looks like he played a single snap that year.

Yeah, I meant Kellogg in 2013.

This kind of stuff is normal in any business after a change in management.

I personally worked for a large company that sold off a large chunk of its staff to another company from out of the state.

Many people moved out of the company because they didn't want the change.  Others, like myself, stayed to give the new digs a chance.

I lasted two years, and kick myself every single time I look back.  I should have made a change right away.

This is just a part of natural attrition.

• Plus1 1

I, like most people here am disappointed TG is leaving; and like most people, do not hold it against TG for doing what's best for him.  

It seems to me that there should be a rule change regarding the scholarship.  A scholarship shouldn't count against a team total, if the player is enrolled at a different school.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, brophog said:

Pretty hard to make the league if you don't start. On the other hand, there aren't many Baker Mayfield's, either. Guys that transfer into major college programs, start, and then get drafted are very rare it appears, too. With so many talented transfers that seems low. Maybe given enough time we see that trend change. Right now, most of the transfers that make it to the NFL are from lower tier schools, consequently getting drafted lower and having a harder time making a team. When a QB decides to transfer like this, it can be a tough road.

it will be interesting to follow Gebbia and see where he ends up.......i bet he ends up being successful.

Carriker’s column (from the 26th, before Gebbia skipped practice)

I know part of the decision had a lot do with these scrimmages they've had, they've had two large scrimmages in fall camp and had a situational scrimmage. I know a lot had to with how Tristan and Adrian would react to negative circumstances as well as the success they had on the field.

Somehow, I don’t think AM would have reacted the same way Gebbia did. I do know which reaction/mental attitude I want in my quarterback if we are behind on the scoreboard in a game.

7 hours ago, huskerfan333157 said:

I'm just disappointed in our fanbase.  Instead of wishing the kid the best (he worked his ass off while he was here) we are calling him, "soft, weak, not a team player, bad attitude" etc.  We are so selfish and only care about our "Nebraska football" that we don't care he's doing what's best for him and what's best to further his career to the next level.  We would all go elsewhere for a job if that included better opportunities.  We need to look in the mirror, we're no better than the ksu, cu, mizzou, Texas fans that we despise.  Gebbia put the work in while he was here, let's wish him the best instead of being salty about it.

Amen.

I haven’t seen anyone call him anything, at least on this board. I only see people questioning the timing of his disparture. And while it’s nice he stayed in Lincoln for awhile and soaked up Bunch’s reps, he’s no longer a Husker and I am not interested in where he goes. 

• Mavric changed the title to Tristan Gebbia