Tristan Gebbia

Sorry I don't normally walk the favorite line of this board, and won't on this.

I wonder if the staff knew this was going to happen.  It doesn't seem that way.  I have tried to understand how people think today, just don't understand the attitude if I am not the best I am out of here.  And most think that is the way it should be.  Accept that your not the better, player and make every effort to improve to be the best.  Not run away from a fight.  The rest of the team is depending on you.  Nebraska needs him, we as fans need him.  Too many years as a Jar Head, just dumber than a rock I guess, but to me a Quitter is a Quitter.  I think Coach Frost said it in his comments.  It isn't about you, it is about the team.  

I hear about a band of brothers, warriors but when the going gets tough the Gebbias of the world get going.  I don't wish any bad luck, but I really don't care where he ends up.  We have seen this for years.  Have any of the QB's that have left for greener pastures ever found them?  Finish what you start.  

• Plus1 6

25 minutes ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

Well this development stinks. I figured he might be gone at the end of the year if he didn't see much playing time but didn't see this coming now. This seems to be the norm in college football anymore and with him being recruited to play in a pro style offense it's probably in his best interest to go somewhere the runs a drop back passing attack. Still leaves us in bind with one scholly QB on the roster. Hope AM shines and is able to stay healthy all year. I guessing Frost is going to be very aware of this and adjust the game plansto not place any unnecessary risk on AM. You can't call the game scared but you have to be aware there are only walk-on's behind him. I wonder who would be 4th string? I think Cam Taylor played QB in HS although that would be ton to put on a freshman who is now your 2nd string CB.

I think this development compromises Frosts offense.

I think the sooner that Riley's players are no longer a part of this program, the better off the program will be in the long run.  Simple.  

I don't have an issue with any player leaving for greener pastures.  I think the timing is rather selfish and not very sportsmanlike.  What ever happened to the art of competition and earning your spot by out working the other fella?  I think if he is that miffed by one start or non start, he should leave.  Don't need team cancers in year one of a new direction.  This will follow Gebbia thru out the rest of his college career, and now most coaches won't start him right away to see if he stays and commits or takes his ball and goes home!

• Plus1 2

I am talking about the many that have left Nebraska Dude and you know it.

He left to come home, he also left because he was told he did not have the abilities to run the Stanford offense and would only play as a safety I think.  This kid was not told anything like that, is my guess.  As we are all guessing on what he was told.

7 minutes ago, Mavric said:

And your point is .... what?

Scott Frost did transfer.  And he's right out of Scott Frost's era.  

It's how it is.  And it's kind of hard to blame kids for it.

The point is that head coach Scott Frost appears to use Tom Osborne as a coaching mentor and some would say that he’s  (meaning Frost) is recreating a 90’esque program. An era where 2 qbs, both with nfl potential, thrived and contributed. We would have never won 94/95 natties without both. 

So so if football’s changing, someone tell Coach Frost. Maybe he’ll change things to fit the times

3 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

I think the sooner that Riley's players are no longer a part of this program, the better off the program will be in the long run.  Simple.  

I don't have an issue with any player leaving for greener pastures.  I think the timing is rather selfish and not very sportsmanlike.  What ever happened to the art of competition and earning your spot by out working the other fella?  I think if he is that miffed by one start or non start, he should leave.  Don't need team cancers in year one of a new direction.  This will follow Gebbia thru out the rest of his college career, and now most coaches won't start him right away to see if he stays and commits or takes his ball and goes home!

it's not a selfish move. we don't even know what frost told him in their meeting. gebbia doesn't want to lose a full season of eligibility by staying here.

3 hours ago, Toe said:

#OnceANebraskaStudent, maybe. It's not like he ever played in a game for us, or was a walk-on that stuck around for four years without seeing the field for sheer love of the Big Red. In the end, he's basically like a recruit that commits to Nebraska, then flips to another school at the last minute. In a way he's even worse - a recruit that flips just before signing day doesn't burn a scholarship for two years like Gebbia did.

tenor.gif?itemid=4809231

9 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

Just stop, you should ask the head coach, he did the same thing when he couldn't start at QB

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Tristan Gebbia