seaofred92

Tristan Gebbia

You know, when Tommy was declared the starter over Brook Berringer  he didn't pack up and leave the program.  Instead he worked his tail off, both for himself but also for the TEAM.  He wanted to be a Husker. Gebbia has shown that he really did not care about the Huskers in the end.

• Plus1 3

36 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I didn't break up your post nor twist it.  And I was definitely around in 95.  I'm fully aware that he was a likely NFL pick.  We're talking about whether he should should stay here and see if he gets to play.  Berringer stayed and didn't get to play.

There was an outcome.  He barely got to play in 1995.  His untimely death has nothing to do with that.

He started in 7 games in 94, threw something like 1200 plus yards in those games, played in quarters 2 and 3 of the national championship game.  He had a big role in that season and in spite of only seeing mop up duty in 95- was still considered to be an early to mid round pick in the draft.  He was wise to stay. 

3 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

He started in 7 games in 94, threw something like 1200 plus yards in those games, played in quarters 2 and 3 of the national championship game.  He had a big role in that season and in spite of only seeing mop up duty in 95- was still considered to be an early to mid round pick in the draft.  He was wise to stay. 

He was considered a likely NFL draft pick IN SPITE of his decision to stay.  There was nothing about his decision to stay that made him a more likely NFL draft choice.  It (would have) worked out for him.

You still have one example of one guy from over 20 years ago.  There are always outliers.  Those stories are 1 in 1000 (maybe).

• Plus1 5

Lol Me either.  We have nothing better to do.  Few more days...  Then the pre season drama can be put behind us.  

2 hours ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

He is going to go to a JUCO so he can get some playing experience this year.  If he goes to another D1 he has to sit this year.  That would mean he wouldn't have taken a game snap in 2 seasons and never in college.  He will go JUCO and I would guess have a very good year.

If he decides to go the juco rout, where? He will most likely have to learn a new system as he goes through this season, and he may not be ready to start until way later in the season. If he transfers to another Power Five school, he has a year to learn their system and be better prepared for 2019 than if goes one year to a juco school. 

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, Mavric said:

He was considered a likely NFL draft pick IN SPITE of his decision to stay.  There was nothing about his decision to stay that made him a more likely NFL draft choice.  It (would have) worked out for him.

You still have one example of one guy from over 20 years ago.  There are always outliers.  Those stories are 1 in 1000 (maybe).

Maybe he couldn't get a better offer.  What if he transferred and then wasn't the starter there?  He'd been up a creek with no paddle

what number #2 QB(for us) has left within five days of the first game?  I wish Bunch had all those reps. 

Bunch split reps until about 10 days ago.  I think he will be ready if needed.  He honestly didn't look to be too far behind in the spring game.  

17 minutes ago, dvdcrr said:

You know, when Tommy was declared the starter over Brook Berringer  he didn't pack up and leave the program.  Instead he worked his tail off, both for himself but also for the TEAM.  He wanted to be a Husker. Gebbia has shown that he really did not care about the Huskers in the end.

Or that he cares about his own future more.  You can't fault him for that.  Staying would have cost him a year and then he would have transferred anyway.  At least now he still loses the year, but can get up to speed with his new school and be eligible next season if he transfers to another P5 school.

• Plus1 1

Surprised by this but looks to be the trend of the day.  AM could easily go down or not play well.  There is no guarantee Gebbia will play elsewhere either.  Assuming he had a plan B all along so would not surprise me if we hear quickly where he lands.  Gebbia is from my alma mater, Calabasas High, so was hoping he could do well here.  Seemed like he was a good teammate and worked really hard and thus I'd think he'd see the field some.  I guess I will just chalk this up to...AM must be an absolute BEAST!!!  :cowbell::cheers:corndance:band:koolaid2:There, I feel better now.

I never understood why Gebia did not seek his release  immediately after the coaching change.  His body type did not fit this offense and in the end that was the difference.  Based on how quickly he dis-enrolled and asked for his scholly release Gebia and family had a plan in place  if not named the starter.  In the short run, he took valuable REPs away from the next kid on the list to be ready as the backup. Not a good look on his part.

• Plus1 3

1 minute ago, hucksker said:

I never understood why Gebia did not seek his release  immediately after the coaching change.  His body type did not fit this offense and in the end that was the difference.  Based on how quickly he dis-enrolled and asked for his scholly release Gebia and family had a plan in place  if not named the starter.  In the short run, he took valuable REPs away from the next kid on the list to be ready as the backup. Not a good look on his part.

I guess you could argue that he was the competition that pushed Martinez during practice 

• Plus1 1

10 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

I guess you could argue that he was the competition that pushed Martinez during practice 

exactly, this kid has nothing to be ashamed of.......

• Plus1 5

a lot of people seem to be forgetting that gebbia didn't come here to play in a spread offense. he came here to play in a pro offense. i have no idea how anyone can fault him for leaving. He deserves credit for sticking it out until the end.

• Plus1 1