Tristan Gebbia

I'm guilty as well- but a group of adults trying to guess the outcome of a group of teenagers is laughable. As the father of a 17 year old being recruited for baseball I can tell you all these "kids" don't know the answers to most of our guesses. The fact that he is working hard is awesome... just hope he doesn't get distracted. I think the possibility of transfers, continued hard work, putting on weight, etc will be partly determined by team success and atmosphere/culture. I believe great players will stick around if it feels good and opportunity to shine is a possibility. I believe our recent basketball departures are a result of internal issues combined with lack of excitement in the program due to poor court performance. Put simply- Kids want to be part of something winning and heading somewhere. Our football team needs to win to keep the roster together.

I don't think there's any question that the guys who study the game itself, rather than just working out, will do more with whatever the good Lord gave them.

There are some tremendously talented athletes who never quite get their head in the game, and lose their position to more motivated players.

Still...a little more weight room won't hurt this kid.

Should be going to prom, instead will be in our s&c program. I think he'll get to a more acceptable weight sooner rather than later.

Exaclty. I went into college at 152 and within a year was up to 180. Just bumped up my calories and hit the main lifts. I didn't even have access to half the sh#t this kid does.

Do you think Tristan stays if POB is named the starter this year? I'm sure the competitor in him will want to try to unseat POB or Lee in 2018. But if that doesn't occur - does he walk or wait for his jr or even senior year to be the starting QB? I'm thinking by 2019 one of these guys is gone.

From what I saw today, Gebbia will always have the opportunity to claim the job. Kids a baller and with the extra time studying and probable physical development, I think he has the inside track for the future. It's a wonderful problem that we have 3 guys that can sling it in this system. Should make a huge difference over where we were the last few years. Even if one of them leaves, well be a couple deeper than we have been. It's a very good situation to be in.

From what I saw today, this kid has "it." If it wasn't for his weight, I believe he could end up a starter this season. He, imo, is a game changer. He played against the starting D (admittedly in a base scheme), and was going right after it; and he did it, with mostly 2-4 string players. He, without question, is the player I'm most excited about, and there are a lot who played very, very well.

• Fire 4
  • Mavric changed the title to Tristan Gebbia