Tristan Gebbia

1 minute ago, TheSker said:

History says otherwise.  That was said often when we hired Riley.......

When we're talking QBs and QB style I'm much more interested in Frost's history at coaching them when trying to predict the future.

I don't think Gebbia will make it in the NFL either way due to his size but playing QB at a terrible school doesn't seem like a much better plan than being a back up for a mobile QB who could get injured.

• Plus1 3

5 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

When we're talking QBs and QB style I'm much more interested in Frost's history at coaching them when trying to predict the future.

I don't think Gebbia will make it in the NFL either way due to his size but playing QB at a terrible school doesn't seem like a much better plan than being a back up for a mobile QB who could get injured.

It was a joke.

When Riley was hired, there was discussion of the quarterbacks from Oregon State that went to the NFL.

San Antonio may be a future destination for TG.

1 minute ago, MountainMan said:

People mocking this move likely don’t realize Oregon St’s new coach is the former Offensive coordinator for UW under  Chris Petersen and was his qb coach at Boise before that. 

But hey. 

Twitter mentioned that Oregon State’s new coach had receuited Gebbia heavily when the coach was at Washington. It makes sense for Gebbia to end up at Oregon State. I am sure Riley helped him with that connection, as well.

I don’t know about the quality of QB’s on the Oregon State roster, but I counted 6 QB’s that were Sophomores or younger. Gebbia will have some competition for the starting spot, especially if one of the young Beaver QB’s plays well this season. 

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, MountainMan said:

People mocking this move likely don’t realize Oregon St’s new coach is the former Offensive coordinator for UW under  Chris Petersen and was his qb coach at Boise before that. 

And that Mike Riley isn’t on staff there

But hey. 

Smith began his collegiate career at Oregon State under Riley, but had his success during the Erickson era.

I think most are aware Riley was back in Corvallis as a position coach for a few hours before heading to San Antonio.

• Mavric changed the title to Tristan Gebbia