Tristan Gebbia

POB is in trouble. That's all I know. Lee looks like he has NFL potential and Gebbia just put on a show.

Yes, it was against a vanilla scheme without the possibility of contact, so it's not the same thing, but anyone with eyes can see he has the skills to play immediately at this level.

The gap between Lee and POB is not wide. And Gebbia has obvious deficiencies that a redshirt year will help to shore up.

Arm strength is definitely not one of his deficiencies. That kid can sling the rock.

• Fire 2

Maybe my favorite thing I seen from Gebbia was early in the game, and he got heat in his face almost immediately and instead of just chucking up a yolo bomb or forcing the ball into double coverage (both of which we seen in the recent past) he hit is hot route who in turned dropped the past. I don't care about the dropped pass, I was just excited to see a kid who should be a HS senior right now see his hot route and hit him in the hands like a veteran would do.

• Fire 2

What a problem to have for three QB's to be up for this much discussion. My main concern is that when we get to the season, the second someone struggles everyone is going to want the next guy. Patience is not our strong suit and I'm worried if the chosen starter (Lee) isn't dominating from the get go people are going to be calling to bench him when it's not warranted.

Not that it's our decision but still.

• Fire 2

What a problem to have for three QB's to be up for this much discussion. My main concern is that when we get to the season, the second someone struggles everyone is going to want the next guy. Patience is not our strong suit and I'm worried if the chosen starter (Lee) isn't dominating from the get go people are going to be calling to bench him when it's not warranted.

Not that it's our decision but still.

I've stopped worrying about that. First off...you're right. It's not our decision and any mature/good coach isn't going to listen to the fan base in the middle of the season as to what QB should start. He is the one who sees him in practice and knows what is going on with all the players.

You are always going to have fans who think they know more than the coach and "demand" a change....when in reality, they have no ability to "demand" anything.

• Fire 2

I watched the spring game again last night without a lot of distractions. Lee and Gebbia were on target with about 85% of their passes while POB was at about 75%. Quite a few dropped passes that didn't help Gebbias numbers or he likely would have lead in %. All three looked like solid QBs but TG looks to have a lot more top side potential than POB. I sure hope he is patient enough to wait a couple years to start as a RS Sophomore. I'm guessing he beats POB out for the number 2 next year... if not the number 1. The bad thing about him performing so well so early is that he will get plenty of back door, illegal, recruiting trying to pull him away.

The most impressive thing about Gebbia's performance is he was with the 2s playing against the 1s.

That's always a mixed bag of sorts. It's awesome that he was able to do that against the 1s, but it does beg the question of how good are the 1s that a freshman QB was able to throw against them like he did.

• 1 month later...

Free 247 video interview

For our quick-hitter interview, Gebbia was asked the following…

— What his first semester as a freshman at Nebraska was like?

— Why should recruits closely consider Nebraska?

— What is head coach Mike Riley like on and off the field?

— What was his first “welcome to college football” moment like?

Great Stuff Mav +!

He sounds like a really smart kid that will succeed here at Nebraska. Give him a redshirt year and another year to grow and watch out for TGebbia in a couple years!

• Mavric changed the title to Tristan Gebbia