#NE18RASKA

Wow! Gonna be a ton of recruits there. Remember a few years back that coach we had who didn't even want to hold the spring game? Times have changed!

Do you remember the coach who wouldn't even go after anyone ranked a 4 star, because we had no chance?

As usual, don't let the facts get in the way of a good argument.

LOL. slight sarcasm, but since you thought it was a challengable post, what do you have to say with substance?

Also, I believe Bo was on record talking about highly ranked recruits and saying it wasn't worth his time, because they couldn't land any of them in the middle of nowhere Nebraska.

~roughly

• Fire 3

Wow! Gonna be a ton of recruits there. Remember a few years back that coach we had who didn't even want to hold the spring game? Times have changed!

Do you remember the coach who wouldn't even go after anyone ranked a 4 star, because we had no chance?

Good point - cause the truth is never stretched here

LOL. slight sarcasm, but since you thought it was a challengable post, what do you have to say with substance?

Also, I believe Bo was on record talking about highly ranked recruits and saying it wasn't worth his time, because they couldn't land any of them in the middle of nowhere Nebraska.

~roughly

If by "slight sarcasm" you mean "Pelini had a class that had nearly as many four-stars as Riley has in two full classes" then yes.

Edited by Mavric
Corrected wording
  • Fire 3

The recruits seem to like the edits. They were all retweeting them last night. What this does is draw a bunch of attention to us. Why? Because other players are seeing a bunch of their friends flood Twitter with Nebraska stuff. It makes those kids go, hmmm why does everyone like that place? Maybe I need to go see it myself. That's what we want. We get 60 kids on campus and they all go back to their teams, Rivals and Nike camps, etc and they are all buzzing about how cool Nebraska was... it just gets more and more kids who wanna come see us. That buzz does nothing but increase our chances with the top guys. Kids want to pick schools that their friends think are cool so they get credibility with people. We want kids going... "dang you're going to Nebraska I wish I had an offer there, that place is awesome", not "why would you go to Nebraska, there's nothing there and it's easy to play on that team."

The power of the "toons" is that you had 50 kids all retweeting at the same time and stating their excitement to visit. Marketing at its finest.

• Fire 7

The recruits seem to like the edits. They were all retweeting them last night. What this does is draw a bunch of attention to us. Why? Because other players are seeing a bunch of their friends flood Twitter with Nebraska stuff. It makes those kids go, hmmm why does everyone like that place? Maybe I need to go see it myself. That's what we want. We get 60 kids on campus and they all go back to their teams, Rivals and Nike camps, etc and they are all buzzing about how cool Nebraska was... it just gets more and more kids who wanna come see us. That buzz does nothing but increase our chances with the top guys. Kids want to pick schools that their friends think are cool so they get credibility with people. We want kids going... "dang you're going to Nebraska I wish I had an offer there, that place is awesome", not "why would you go to Nebraska, there's nothing there and it's easy to play on that team."

The power of the "toons" is that you had 50 kids all retweeting at the same time and stating their excitement to visit. Marketing at its finest

Don't think we are discrediting them, definitely see the value. It was nothing more than a personal opinion.

• Fire 1

~roughly

He didn't say they weren't worth his time. They said they needed to be selective in who they went after and not waste resources on guys that they are not in it with. They went after the big fish with a connection, either a teammate on the team, coach familiar with Nebraska, or a fan of Nebraska. That is really what all of recruiting is. It appears Riley has more connections with the West Coast and therefore can pursue more kids with those connections. Also, he had done a good job of hiring recruiters to expand that impact from not just west coast kids. But to say the other staff just said it is not worth our time is ridiculous. Even Riley regrets the time they spent recruiting Sarrell last year bc Stanford was his dream school and had he known that they wouldnt have wasted the time and resources on him. Knowing where to put your work in is the name of the game in recruiting. That is why we have been burned a bit at the WR position the last few classes. We have turned away solid prospects chasing big fish and havent quite cashed in like we wanted. It is about balance and if we could win some big games we will win more of those battles than we lose.

• Fire 3