DE Tate Wildeman [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

49 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Wildeman commit?

• Nebraska
    • Colorado
    • Iowa

This poll is closed to new votes

Yeah, it seems odd that Colorado didn't offer him when they also run a 3-4.

I think it's a weird take with all the recruiting momentum but I trust Diaco. Maybe they like his frame to get up to 290+. Or they they think he can be a good change of pace guy at 270. Or maybe Diaco plans on using 4 linemen at times?

Yeah, it seems odd that Colorado didn't offer him when they also run a 3-4.

I think it's a weird take with all the recruiting momentum but I trust Diaco. Maybe they like his frame to get up to 290+. Or they they think he can be a good change of pace guy at 270. Or maybe Diaco plans on using 4 linemen at times?

This is also a reason I think Nebraska might view him as an OLB. He doesn't seem like a take at DE right now.

245 with senior year to go. Likely in a spot to redshirt first year. Could very well be 275 by the time he's a redshirt freshman with a frame that could hold more weight. I think he'll be fine at DE. Matty might be right that he's somewhat of a reach for us but only time will tell. Glad to have another kid on board who can't wait to put on the N.

He has high character, a huge motor, work ethic, and a really advanced football mind for a guy his age. He has been taught the details. He already has several separation moves for the line of scrimmage and has a really high football IQ for the game. I think the staff knows if they can get the strength and speed on him through weightlifting and diet that he has everything else there.

After watching his film I see several things. He plays with his hand in the dirt. Has a high motor. Seems to have a quick first step off the ball. Already had swim moves, spin moves, and release moves many high schoolers don't learn until college. His dad is a college coach and he seems to have been developed beyond his years with his understanding of technicality. He's 6'6" 245 right now but played his junior year at 230. In Diaco's defense he will be a DE who plays on the line in Freedom's position, which is the lighter, pass rusher of the two ends. He could also play OLB with his hand in the dirt as a pass rusher on certain packages. I don't see him dropping back into coverage though. That would be the OLB spot that Gifford and Newby play.

• Fire 1
  • Mavric changed the title to DE Tate Wildeman [Nebraska - Signed LOI]