Brave (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brave_(web_browser)) is an open-source Chromium-based web browser founded by one of the co-founders of the Mozilla Project. I've been keeping an eye on it since it was released for beta testing a little over a year ago. Its primary billing is built-in ad blocking and its attempt to develop an alternative to ad-supported revenue in the WWW (via Brave Payments).

Wasn't a big fan of particularly its UX when it first came out, but I'm starting to *really* like it. A lot has changed in the last several months (yes, those 17 pixels are all the world to me, and yes, I did measure it :lol:):

brave.png

It also seems to be able to sync across devices, though I haven't figured out how to do so yet on mobile.

Anyway, I like exploring new web browsers now and then and this is one of the most interesting innovative projects I've seen in years. Firefox is crashing and I'm digging the Brave ethos. Hopefully I can manage to untether myself from Chrome -- Google's omniscience does not make this easy. (Sidenote: default search engine is DuckDuckGo, which is both privacy-focused and apparently toe-to-toe with Google :D)

• Fire 1