Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker

3 hours ago, Redux said:

Well......they kind of are in several instances.

In the Prequels, in fact that is what caused their downfall. Luke's success in ROTJ was because he did not follow the Old Jedi. I truly believe that a lot of issues with TLJ would be glossed over if the relationship between Rey and Luke was improved (with Luke not being a curmudgeon) and making it clear that Kylo was manipulating Rey to get the outcome he wanted (Snoke dead). There would probably be issues with the other parts of the movie, but I don't think the backlash would have been as harsh. 

• 3 weeks later...

Saw a juicy rumor today regarding what could potentially be the first scene in the film: 

Spoiler

It's a flashback to right around Return of the Jedi. Two people in white blast helmets are having a lightsaber fight: one green and one blue. The two fighters take their helmets off, and it's Luke and Leia, both heavily de-aged. 

• Plus1 1

• 2 weeks later...

in case anyone wants to enter

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-sweepstakes

in celebration of a once-in-a-lifetime chance for you and a friend to attend the red carpet premiere of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker ahead of its December 20 release! For official rules and to enter the sweepstakes*, which includes a prize package with two tickets to Star Wars Celebration in Anaheim next year, click here. To be eligible, entrants must have a registered Twitter account and participate using only the hashtag #TheRiseOfSkywalkerSweepstakes and tagging @StarWars in a tweet.

• Plus1 1
  • 3 weeks later...

1 hour ago, cornhuskers4ever said:

My wife surprised me on 10/28 letting me know she purchased tickets for 12/20 to see Rise of the Skywalker. 

I can't wait to see it with her. 

I get more excited every time i see the movie trailer

My family is coming for Christmas, so I just bought a bunch of tickets for 12/24. My 9yo son is super excited. I hope it's decent.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Kind of piecing things together I wonder if they aren't holding the biggest twist back.

Not necessarily a spoiler since I don't know anything but just in case people don't want to know anything going in, my probably-wrong theory is:

Spoiler

"The Rise of Skywalker" will be Anakin returning to finish off the Emperor.  They've made a big deal of the Emperor coming back and haven't hidden that at all.  So it would only make sense that they are holding something equal or bigger back for the movie.  My guess is it's Anakin.  

Lucas claimed that the saga wasn't really Luke's story - even though that's how it might seem if you only look at Episides IV-VI.  But when you add I-III, it shows how it was really Anakin's story of fall and redemption.  If you bring the Emperor back (even if he's defeated again), the ending of Episode VI loses a lot of it's significance.  But if the Emperor can come back to try to finish his plan, why can't Anakin come back to put a final end to it?  And, thus, "The Rise of Skywalker".