Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker

1 hour ago, Cdog923 said:

You're going to have to show some receipts before I get my hopes up. 

This is the second time I've seen it, though they may be citing the same source.

It is claimed that Kathleen Kennedy will be stepping down from Lucasfilm to start her own female-centric production company, which follows the rumor that Disney is resetting Star Wars.

Details once again come from the "future ruler of Earth," Lord Doomcock, from the Overlord DVD YouTube channel.

Recall it was Doomcock who revealed all those Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker spoilers and Doomcock even revealed trouble at Disney with Brie Larson prior to the directing and writing team being let go from the Captain Marvel sequel.

Doomcock has gone on record stating sources have filled him in that a secret plan is in the works to save Star Wars that involves some sort of Star Wars "civil war" taking place at Lucasfilm between Kathleen Kennedy, and those loyal to George Lucas, Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni.

In Doomcock's previous report, it was stated the Star Wars reset will involve the erasure of The Force Awakens, The Last Jedi, and The Rise of Skywalker through a concept introduced in the Star Wars Rebels animated series, the "Veil of The Force."

Link

• 2 months later...

Totally shocked that not having a coherent plan led to what we got.

"At the beginning, there was toying with an Obi-Wan connection — there were different versions — then it really went to it was no one, and then it came to episode nine and J.J. [Abrams] pitched me the film and was like 'Oh, yeah, Palpatine is granddaddy,' " said Ridley. "Then two weeks later he was like, 'Oh, we’re not sure,' So, it kept changing. So, then even as we were filming, I wasn't sure what the answer was going to be."

It appears Abrams had one idea in mind when he co-wrote and directed Force Awakens, which Last Jedi writer-director Rian Johnson derailed. Then Abrams had to rethink his original plan amid Johnson's changes when he signed on for Rise of Skywalker. 

Naturally, Star Wars fans were both surprised and unhappy with the what-could-have-been revelation and took to social media to vent, "Rey Kenobi" quickly trending.

On 7/7/2020 at 10:49 PM, Mavric said:

This is the second time I've seen it, though they may be citing the same source.

Link

Ugh, I don't think damage control is the best option NOW.  Thy should have read the room 4 or 5 years ago.  Erasing them may appease the knee jerk/hate everything fans, but there's gotta be a better way than to retcon everything.

2 hours ago, Redux said:

Ugh, I don't think damage control is the best option NOW.  Thy should have read the room 4 or 5 years ago.  Erasing them may appease the knee jerk/hate everything fans, but there's gotta be a better way than to retcon everything.

The article cites their source as <checks notes> <double checks>

Spoiler

"Lord Doomcock"

• 2 months later...
19 hours ago, ZRod said:

Still haven't really seen this movie. I put it on during a flight and fell asleep, it didn't seem very captivating.

The Last Jedi really turned me off from the series anyway. It was an ok movie, it just wasn't a good Star Wars movie.

Yeah I know the feeling. Like, even though The Phanton Menace is generally considered one of if not the worst Star Wars "movies," I'd rather watch that than most of the newer trilogy films. More fun and entertaining to me. Also brings back some childhood feels. I think I was 10 when The Phantom Menace came out.

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, Enhance said:

Yeah I know the feeling. Like, even though The Phanton Menace is generally considered one of if not the worst Star Wars "movies," I'd rather watch that than most of the newer trilogy films. More fun and entertaining to me. Also brings back some childhood feels. I think I was 10 when The Phantom Menace came out.

The best thing about the Sequel Trilogy is that it made me enjoy the Prequel Trilogy. 

• Haha 3
2 hours ago, Enhance said:

The prequels weren't that bad. There was some really rough dialogue, but over all they were a good continuation on the Space Opera theme, and pretty well thought-out story telling that provided a back story. On the whole they were a positive expansion of the universe.

I think after the original trilogy and even in RotJ they tried to ham up the comedic side too much instead of the just letting it naturally flow through the interactions. Makes for some real clunkers. I cringe everytime Po or Finn are doing a gag. Oscar can pull them off despite the script, John not so much... Daisy does ok, but she's too rigid for most of the jokes.

There are more bad Star Wars movies than good ones, sadly. 

I've been railing against the poor quality of the prequels for years, but my wife did not grow up a Star Wars nerd like me and didn't understand my disgust. Our family has been watching all of the Star Wars movies this holiday season, so now that she has been watching them all back to back for the first time, she finally agrees that the prequels are horrible.

But we just finished the Last Jedi last night, and my god that is such a poorly written movie that it doesn't hold up any better than the prequels. Episode 9 was a Disneyfied effort to wrap a bow around the whole thing, but was incoherent. There was no clear direction for the sequel trilogy, even though Episode 7 was entertaining and had a lot of promise to it.

• Fire 1
5 minutes ago, Ulty said:

There are more bad Star Wars movies than good ones, sadly. 

I've been railing against the poor quality of the prequels for years, but my wife did not grow up a Star Wars nerd like me and didn't understand my disgust. Our family has been watching all of the Star Wars movies this holiday season, so now that she has been watching them all back to back for the first time, she finally agrees that the prequels are horrible.

But we just finished the Last Jedi last night, and my god that is such a poorly written movie that it doesn't hold up any better than the prequels. Episode 9 was a Disneyfied effort to wrap a bow around the whole thing, but was incoherent. There was no clear direction for the sequel trilogy, even though Episode 7 was entertaining and had a lot of promise to it.

Why do you hate the prequels so much? Just curious on your opinion. I've seen all kinds of them. 

I'm not going to get into any spoilers, and maybe I'm just not far along enough in the show to get the whole feel of all of this, but it seems like from what I'm seeing about halfway through the Mandalorian that they may be trying to retcon the sequal trilogy.

Mandalorian is canon, so what they're saying on there should be gospel.

Remember when they announced VII, VII and IX and they basically said the entire Expanded Universe was no longer canon? If they can wave their hand and uncanonize a whole slew of books, they can uncanonize the sequel trilogy, too.