Fightin' Erstads at Ohio State

Do we need to be sweeping these types of teams to get to the NCAA tournament?

Taking 2 of 3 on the road will help the RPI, even if it's a less than stellar opponent. Gotta get a sweep or 2 at home.

Edit: NU has Michigan State and Rutgers at home the next 2 weeks. It would be great if NU can go at least 5-1 in those games. Can't be worse than 4-2.

Taking 2 of 3 on the road will help the RPI, even if it's a less than stellar opponent. Gotta get a sweep or 2 at home.

Edit: NU has Michigan State and Rutgers at home the next 2 weeks. It would be great if NU can go at least 5-1 in those games. Can't be worse than 4-2.

Definitely especially since they updated the RPI couple years ago to give more when you win on the road. Now we can't be losing these next two series.

Definitely especially since they updated the RPI couple years ago to give more when you win on the road. Now we can't be losing these next two series.
Yep, that's what I was referring to in my comment. Road series wins are great, home series losses really hurt.

I'd suggest that we can't be worse than 6-1 over the next two weeks if we want to lock in a NCAA tourney spot pre-B1G Tourney--don't forget we also have our third game with Creighton, which is a must-win since we lost the last game.

I'd suggest that we can't be worse than 6-1 over the next two weeks if we want to lock in a NCAA tourney spot pre-B1G Tourney--don't forget we also have our third game with Creighton, which is a must-win since we lost the last game.

Throwing in the Penn State series, I think NU needs to go 7-3 to end the season to assure a NCAA bid. That would put NU at 33-19-1 before the Big Ten tourney. I know people have done comparison's to previous NU seasons and getting a certain number of wins. However, NU is playing 2-3 fewer games this season, and the Big Ten is not bad in the top half of the conference.

• Fire 1