Randy Gregory

He is absolutely powerless over his addictions. It will be a battle he must face for the rest of his life. I wish him, and all others who battle addictions, peace and personal acceptace.

Marijuana causes zero chemical dependency. It is not an addictive substance.

Maybe I should tell that to all the addicts that tell me marijuana is the one drug they have not been able to stop. I used to lead a addictions and mental health group as part of my job. Did it for about 9 years.

Cigarettes (nicotine) are traditionally the one drug that addicts don't stop -- they are legal, and according to the serious addicts I've known, even harder to quit than heroin. Addicts who've kicked heroin, cocaine or alcohol might still smoke pot because they crave something, and pot is far less destructive. So that's a psychological addiction, not physical. Doesn't mean it's not going to screw up your health or your family or your work life, but the need to constantly check out of your brain is the problem, not the drug itself.

I wish we knew more of the story besides RG failed another drug test. I know he had anxiety issues or at least that's what was reported before. By all accounts he is a good person off the field. Talk about a promising career now that seems all but flushed down the drain. I hope this isn't the beginning of a downward spiral for him but without knowing what's truly going on with him it's hard to know.

He is absolutely powerless over his addictions. It will be a battle he must face for the rest of his life. I wish him, and all others who battle addictions, peace and personal acceptace.

Marijuana causes zero chemical dependency. It is not an addictive substance.

Maybe I should tell that to all the addicts that tell me marijuana is the one drug they have not been able to stop. I used to lead a addictions and mental health group as part of my job. Did it for about 9 years.

Cigarettes (nicotine) are traditionally the one drug that addicts don't stop -- they are legal, and according to the serious addicts I've known, even harder to quit than heroin. Addicts who've kicked heroin, cocaine or alcohol might still smoke pot because they crave something, and pot is far less destructive. So that's a psychological addiction, not physical. Doesn't mean it's not going to screw up your health or your family or your work life, but the need to constantly check out of your brain is the problem, not the drug itself.

I smoked cigarettes for 27 years. I was hopelessly addicted to them until I read this book. After reading the book, I put the smokes down and never looked back. That was 11 years ago. And, it was easy, peasy, no withdrawals, just no longer smoking.

http://www.theeasywaytostopsmoking.com/

You can get his books on Amazon and the last time I bought a used hardback for a friend, it cost me 8 bucks.

*Edit* https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_4_11?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=easy+way+to+quit+smoking+allen+carr&sprefix=easy+way+to%2Caps%2C164&crid=3P1AXT1WP5UDO

At least he won't have any chronic health issues stemming from a long, high impact career.

Nope. He'll just have petrified lungs made of resin and be in an iron lung by the time he's 50.

Your propaganda is comically dated.

I've smoked cannabis for 25+ years and I'm over 50 with no iron lung action in sight.

• Fire 2

Who gives a ch*t what you do. You are not a Husker, with the dreams of 2,000,000 fans, teammates, serving as a role model getting a free education. Then, if you are slacking off every other series, not prepared for the big game, then it matters.

I've never been overly concerned with marijuana. I think a lot of this has to do with my age, the times I grew up in and the city I grew up in.

I think there's a good chance, in my lifetime, that most of the country will legalize marijuana.

The fact of the matter is cannabis can be great for people, it can be benign for people or it can be very destructive for people. It all depends on how that person treats the substance. People will always go where their mind takes them. Where a person's mind is is more important than if they smoke pot or not. If a person is smoking to escape a poor state of mind, the results will likely be bad.

At least he won't have any chronic health issues stemming from a long, high impact career.

Nope. He'll just have petrified lungs made of resin and be in an iron lung by the time he's 50.

Your propaganda is comically dated.

I've smoked cannabis for 25+ years and I'm over 50 with no iron lung action in sight.

Good luck with that. You burn things and inhale the smoke. Pretty sure that someone who doesn't inhale smoke of burning things has a leg up on you.

When I was younger I smoked it for recreation and then about a year before I quit smoking cigarettes, I quit smoking pot. Now that I'm older, I'm again using pot but now its for legitmate medical purposes. I'm pretty sure that my pot smoking self has a leg up on the poor bastard when he doesn't smoke.

• Mavric changed the title to Randy Gregory