Randy Gregory

He screwed Nebraska while he was here, and now the Cowboys. Useless is the word that describes him for me. It was while he was here and it still is today. He got his money to burn. Have at it.

As to those that say it does no harm. I live in the mountains. California has legalized growing it on a permit basis. We now have grow houses in our remote community with the low life that goes along with the business.

I have a friend that has been a weed user since the middle 60's. He is blind, can barely hear but takes his medicinal MJ every day since Viet Nam. I have not seen it do him any good in any way. He could never hold a job, lives in a 30 year old trailer that is falling apart. But he tells me every time I see him, how it has no affect on him in any way.

And he does do harder drugs, if it led him to them who knows.

My son has an upscale home in Beaumont, CA. Across the street were renters. Hardly showed up, but never got out of the car, pulled in the garage and went in the house. Never spoke to anyone. It was an illegal grow house. 500K in damage to the home, stole electricity and water. Yea there is no problem with it. We need it on every corner. And the good part is, no charges for destroying the house, but for stealing the electricity and water, it was a felony. The owner lost his ass on it.

There are more sides to it than just feeling grovey.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

Hasn't it been established he has some mental health struggles? To me, seems like not a dip$hit but a guy who hasn't been able to get himself help for substance abuse and mental health.

He supposedly does have some anxiety issues, but I don't think there was any shortage of help available to him...

Hasn't it been established he has some mental health struggles? To me, seems like not a dip$hit but a guy who hasn't been able to get himself help for substance abuse and mental health.

This. But it's easier to judge behind a keyboard and just say "f#*k that dipsh*t"

• Fire 1

He supposedly does have some anxiety issues, but I don't think there was any shortage of help available to him...

No doubt. And I'm sure everyone in his circle urged him to get some kind of help or to stop smoking weed. But someone who is mentally ill (not sure if Randy is or the extent of his anxiety) may not see the need for it or want help.

• Fire 1

At some point the PC country is going to have understand that you have to face your demons. Every criminal, law breaker, has an excuse.

Poor Randy, he has anxiety issues. Poor Randy, what a load of crap!

He has been able to get all the help in the world. He doesn't want it, will not take it.

You are not wrong. And while I think weed should be as legal as booze, even though I won't partake if it becomes legal, it is currently not legal in Nebraska or Texas, and it is against the NFL conduct policy. No matter how I feel about that, I agree with you that he's an idiot for doing what he's done.

I'm not some 420 neo-maxi zoom dweebie who thinks everything about pot is OK. But I don't think it should be illegal, and I wish Gregory could just play football.

• Plus1 1

I feel sorry for the guy. Wasted potential. I hope he gets the help he needs. I cannot imagine how a guy with his abilities and in his situation chooses pot over the NFL. It has to be some sort of mental issue. It affected him at NU and it only seemed to get worse with the Cowboys. I've got no reason to be upset with him, just sad and disappointed. I see a lot of similarities to Lawrence Phillips sans the violence. Seems neither one could shake their demons.

• Fire 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Randy Gregory