Is a hotdog a sandwich?

Is a hotdog a sandwich?  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How can a hotdog be a sandwich? The bun doesnt make the hotdog. Btw, Wimmer red casings are one and only true hotdog. On the grill and get that casing just a little scattered brown/black to make it nice and crisp. Truth!!

Yep. I gotta remember to grab me some of those next time I'm back in God's country.

I disagree. Wragge Dogs from the Pierce locker will put any other hotdog to shame. They are better grilled, boiled, and even cold...

How can a hotdog be a sandwich? The bun doesnt make the hotdog. Btw, Wimmer red casings are one and only true hotdog. On the grill and get that casing just a little scattered brown/black to make it nice and crisp. Truth!!

Yep. I gotta remember to grab me some of those next time I'm back in God's country.

I disagree. Wragge Dogs from the Pierce locker will put any other hotdog to shame. They are better grilled, boiled, and even cold...
Oh I've had better hot dogs than the Wimmers but it's sort of a Nebraska thing. Grew up with those but you can't get them other places so....the heart grows fonder. Usually had them in beanie weanie as a kid. A bunch cut up in chunks mixed in with Van de Camps baked beans and then a few split lengthwise and laid on top then baked. Ah the good old days-haven't had that in years.

Is a camel toe a camel toe, or is it a camel toe?

...or is it a sandwich?
That depends on the answer to the following:

Is a hot dog a sandwich?

I think it's more dependant on if that ice cream taco is really a sandwich.

It's all in the name. Otherwise it would be called an ice cream sandwich.

No it's not. People name things incorrectly all the time.

Is a hot dog really a hot "dog"?

Or is it a weiner?

• 1 month later...

• 1 year later...
On 5/24/2017 at 6:52 AM, funhusker said:

Wragge Dogs do not deserve the mythical greatness they have in NE Nebraska. They are good but nothing that special. All the are is a coarse wiener.  Wimmers makes one that tastes just the same.   

30 minutes ago, NUinID said:

Wragge Dogs do not deserve the mythical greatness they have in NE Nebraska. They are good but nothing that special. All the are is a coarse wiener.  Wimmers makes one that tastes just the same.   

Blasphemer!!!!

Wahoo Locker also has good ones also.  I know the Wimmers you speak of, and no, they don't taste like Wragge dogs.

4 hours ago, funhusker said:

Blasphemer!!!!

Wahoo Locker also has good ones also.  I know the Wimmers you speak of, and no, they don't taste like Wragge dogs.

So does Creighton Locker, my problem is that before I ever had one my work was having a picnic and all the lady that was in charge could talk about was that she was getting Wragge Dogs and how wonderful they are.  They were good, but not worthy of that much praise.  

The Wimmers coarse wiener may have changed formula.  They aren't owned by Wimmers anymore and they don't even make them in West Point.  Someone else bought the name. 

5 hours ago, NUinID said:

So does Creighton Locker, my problem is that before I ever had one my work was having a picnic and all the lady that was in charge could talk about was that she was getting Wragge Dogs and how wonderful they are.  They were good, but not worthy of that much praise.  

The Wimmers coarse wiener may have changed formula.  They aren't owned by Wimmers anymore and they don't even make them in West Point.  Someone else bought the name. 

I’ll admit my hometown bias ;)

• 5 months later...