The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

11 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Don't count Hilary out just yet per this OPED.   She's trying to stay in the conversation with alarming comments about Trump, etc.

With a possible large Dem field, and no clear cut leader, she could sneak in as the 'savior' of the party or as a compromised choice.

If she decides to run - the Dem's response:  NOOOOOOO      The Rep response:  YESSSSSSSSSSS

https://nypost.com/2018/07/07/is-hillary-clinton-secretly-planning-to-run-in-2020/

If she ends up being their nominee, the Democrats might as well just stop trying.  Just hand the keys over to the Trump party and disband.

• Plus1 2

30 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Could've sworn Warren said she wasn't running, but now I just saw a headline saying she has "all but declared her candidacy."

I don't want her to be the nominee.

If the DNC puts identity politics ahead of pragmatic candidates that will win, they're doomed. 

• Plus1 1

if satan himself were running as a democrat against trump i would have to flip a coin to decide who i would vote for.   anyone besides donnie or the devil is getting my vote at this point.  what a disgrace don the con is to our country.   i hope america can recover from this presidency within a generation.

• Plus1 1
  • 4 weeks later...

17 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

lol. Wait... I laughed when Trump announced.

I know, right? When the voting pendulum swings a long way in one direction, it naturally wants to swing just as far in the opposite direction. 

3 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

It’s not worth it!

I'd pay good money to see it!

4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Avenatti running is a stunt. The guy just wants to poke Trump, and he can do that on his own time.

It's high time we returned the office of POTUS to respectability. I have no patience for personal stunts.

Oh, I wouldn't vote for him and if the Dems really want to win and make good gains in gaining influence on the national level, they better nominate someone else.

That said, the spectacle of those two on stage together would be too much to pass up watching.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Oh, I wouldn't vote for him and if the Dems really want to win and make good gains in gaining influence on the national level, they better nominate someone else.

That said, the spectacle of those two on stage together would be too much to pass up watching.

Out of curiosity, why?

21 minutes ago, QMany said:

Out of curiosity, why?

Quite frankly, he would have to prove to me that he has a knowledge of issues.  It appears to me that he probably is a decent lawyer, good at poking Trump, and is good at getting his face on TV.  That's not what I'm looking for in a President.

Now, if he is the nominee, he would have the opportunity to change my mind.

• Plus1 2