The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

7 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

IK she said she's not going to, but I'd still love to see Tulsi run as an independent. She would have a bigger impact on the general election than we've seen from a 3rd party or independent in a couple decades.

She probably would.  But then the Democrats can cry foul when Trump gets reelected because she "stole" their votes and they would have won.  I have a feeling that's why she doesn't.

• Plus1 1

8 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Google may be guilty of something (the trial will answer that), but she's currently polling at less than 2%, and I can't imagine those six hours truly harmed her much. 

And I can't imagine that Trump asking Ukraine to look into Joe Biden's foreign affairs hurt Joe all that much.  But that doesn't make it right.

1 minute ago, Redux said:

And I can't imagine that Trump asking Ukraine to look into Joe Biden's foreign affairs hurt Joe all that much.  But that doesn't make it right.

I have no idea why you're conflating these two things. One is a possible glitch by a technology company. The other is clearly a criminal conspiracy that was actually admitted to by the perpetrator.

Weird.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I have no idea why you're conflating these two things. One is a possible glitch by a technology company. The other is clearly a criminal conspiracy that was actually admitted to by the perpetrator.

There is an absolute comparison.  How can you be so absolute about one yet nonchalant about the other?  Both pretty clearly did what they are accused of.  One is clearly higher profile but it's still attempted election rigging.

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, Redux said:

There is an absolute comparison.  How can you be so absolute about one yet nonchalant about the other?  Both pretty clearly did what they are accused of.  One is clearly higher profile but it's still attempted election rigging.

So the story is that Google influenced the election by shutting down Gabbard's account, and that's the same thing as Trump forcing Ukraine to fabricate an investigation into Biden.

Do I have that correct?

19 minutes ago, knapplc said:

So the story is that Google influenced the election by shutting down Gabbard's account, and that's the same thing as Trump forcing Ukraine to fabricate an investigation into Biden.

Do I have that correct?

There is a clear parallel here.  Either election rigging is wrong or it isn't.  

1 hour ago, Redux said:

the platform that claims no bias for politics just happened to suspend the account of someone who opposes tech company monopolies?

Jumping back to this... the allegation is that Google screwed Gabbard over and "definitely hurt her big time" because she opposes tech monopolies.

But here are the other Dem candidates who oppose tech monopolies:

Warren

Sanders

Buttigieg

Steyer

Bennet

Apparently Biden has yet to answer the question.  Read their quotes about it here.

I mean... if they're going to screw someone over, why not do it to one of the candidates who actually has a chance?

This seems like more conspiracy theory stuff and an attempt to normalize Trump's crimes vis a vis Biden than anything else.

6 minutes ago, Redux said:

There is a clear parallel here.  Either election rigging is wrong or it isn't.  

I wouldn't say it's a clear parallel at all, outside of shady things happening...

Google is a private company.  They can do what they wish with the information they own.  If they did something inappropriate to intentionally sabotage her livelihood, Gabbard's only recourse would be to sue and go through the courts to recoup any damages.

Trump is an elected official using public means to promote private gains.  Our recourse in this situation is to impeach him and determine if he should remain in office.

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

I mean... if they're going to screw someone over, why not do it to one of the candidates who actually has a chance?

There isn't enough bandwidth on the site to list all the reasons lol.   Someone called in a favor.  Someone has ties to another candidate.  Money.  She was MORE against tech monopoly.  Etc etc etc etc etc.  You really think coincidence is more likely?  As far as I know, they still have yet to offer a reason as to why.

Just now, Redux said:

There isn't enough bandwidth on the site to list all the reasons lol.   Someone called in a favor.  Someone has ties to another candidate.  Money.  She was MORE against tech monopoly.  Etc etc etc etc etc.  You really think coincidence is more likely?  As far as I know, they still have yet to offer a reason as to why.

No. Google doesn't care enough about Tulsi Gabbard to so ham-handedly mess with her campaign.

If they're going to do it to anyone, they'll do it to Warren or Sanders. They'll actively promote Yang, who is against breaking up Tech.

It's pretty obvious what this is. And it goes right along with Gabbard being a Republican in Democrat clothing.

3 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I wouldn't say it's a clear parallel at all, outside of shady things happening...

Google is a private company.  They can do what they wish with the information they own.  If they did something inappropriate to intentionally sabotage her livelihood, Gabbard's only recourse would be to sue and go through the courts to recoup any damages. 

Trump is an elected official using public means to promote private gains.  Our recourse in this situation is to impeach him and determine if he should remain in office.

Google is a private company that doesn't have to abide by Freedom of Speech because social media and tech have community standard loopholes.  How do you go about putting a number on costing someone a presidential nomination, or funding to campaign?  There isn't a way to gauge her losses here.  And it's blatantly shady, just like Trump and Biden.

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, funhusker said:

But that's the plan. Conflate these things, and "both sides" it to death.

It's just another try at minimizing what Trump did with Ukraine. 

• Plus1 1
Just now, knapplc said:

No. Google doesn't care enough about Tulsi Gabbard to so ham-handedly mess with her campaign.

If they're going to do it to anyone, they'll do it to Warren or Sanders. They'll actively promote Yang, who is against breaking up Tech.

It's pretty obvious what this is. And it goes right along with Gabbard being a Republican in Democrat clothing.

Unbelievable