The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

Just now, teachercd said:

Yeah...I totally get that but I don't really have a problem with it and I guess there should either be real rules in place or no rules in place.  

There were real rules in place until they decided to change them because Bloomberg donated 300k. I have a problem with that

Just now, Nebfanatic said:

There were real rules in place until they decided to change them because Bloomberg donated 300k. I have a problem with that

Just now, Nebfanatic said:

Ha...That is what I am saying...there were not real rules in place...not if 300K all of a sudden changed things.  

With that said, I am fine with it.  But I can see where people would hate it.

47 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Ha...That is what I am saying...there were not real rules in place...not if 300K all of a sudden changed things.  

With that said, I am fine with it.  But I can see where people would hate it.

Ah I see. Are any rules real if you have enough dough?

10 hours ago, teachercd said:

No, I get it, I just don't understand the rule.  So he was "out" and then donated 300k and was "in'?

He wasn't allowed to debate under the former iteration of the rules because he wasn't taking donations. DNC changed the rules so he could debate. Yang and others have been clamoring for a rule change since the start of debates to encourage diversity  but this rule change seems to only serve the purpose of getting Bloomberg on the stage when he didnt qualify before 

4 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

He wasn't allowed to debate under the former iteration of the rules because he wasn't taking donations. DNC changed the rules so he could debate. Yang and others have been clamoring for a rule change since the start of debates to encourage diversity  but this rule change seems to only serve the purpose of getting Bloomberg on the stage when he didnt qualify before 

Okay, now I get it!  Thanks!

So, has anyone caught Bloomberg's vision and turned from one of the moderate candidates towards him?

https://www.axios.com/trump-bloomberg-2020-election-twitter-95ff32b1-5118-457b-addf-38d0624a72a7.html

This quote is pretty amazing, ironic.  Is Kellyanne, talking about Bloomberg or her boss Trump :dunno

Kellyanne Conway, counselor to President Trump, said of Bloomberg: "His outsized wealth and outsized ego are matched by his overwrought jealousy and spitefulness towards the president. Jealousy is a dangerous motivator for people, leading them to confuse with a sugar high that money can buy with substance that voters demand to hear."

11 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

So, has anyone caught Bloomberg's vision and turned from one of the moderate candidates towards him?

https://www.axios.com/trump-bloomberg-2020-election-twitter-95ff32b1-5118-457b-addf-38d0624a72a7.html

This quote is pretty amazing, ironic.  Is Kellyanne, talking about Bloomberg or her boss Trump :dunno

I won't be participating in the Dem primary, so I will vote for whomever they put forward in the general election.

The anti bernie train is really starting to gain steam on social media. Many saying he has a cult just like Trump, russian bots and the GOP prefer Bernie, he would get crushed by Trump, his policies are unpalatable, he isn't a Democrat, he is going to game the Iowa primary by announcing his win early ect. Ect. Many people are saying #neverbernie and suggesting they won't vote for him in a GE against Trump. I find the last bit especially crazy personally but that's just me.

• Plus1 1