The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

17 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

The anti bernie train is really starting to gain steam on social media. Many saying he has a cult just like Trump, russian bots and the GOP prefer Bernie, he would get crushed by Trump, his policies are unpalatable, he isn't a Democrat, he is going to game the Iowa primary by announcing his win early ect. Ect. Many people are saying #neverbernie and suggesting they won't vote for him in a GE against Trump. I find the last bit especially crazy personally but that's just me.

It puts the lie to all the same people calling for unity.

• Plus1 1

The funs about to start in Iowa. I saw Bernie won the majority of satellite caucuses. Klobuchar won a Florida satellite caucus and Warren won the Paris one. I watched a live video of the Drake Univ caucus and I must say, its the dumbest concept ive ever seen. You have first round and if your person doesnt reach 15% you have people from other candidates swarm you and try and convince you to join them. The poor Yang supporters at this thing were bombarded by Sanders, Warren and Buttigieg people trying to woo them. Looked like a damn recruiting battle only all the teams had an in home visit at the same time lol. 

8 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

The anti bernie train is really starting to gain steam on social media. Many saying he has a cult just like Trump, russian bots and the GOP prefer Bernie, he would get crushed by Trump, his policies are unpalatable, he isn't a Democrat, he is going to game the Iowa primary by announcing his win early ect. Ect. Many people are saying #neverbernie and suggesting they won't vote for him in a GE against Trump. I find the last bit especially crazy personally but that's just me.

It was expected. Keep your eye on the prize and we will win. His poll number keep rising with every smear. 

8 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

Some of these points have merit and some of them are just ridiculous propaganda. 

I've tried several times to make the case that he's got both unique upside and distinct downside. I'm not sure his biggest fans buy the latter. And I don't view that as some kind of smear as much as I do just being honest about all possible outcomes.

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Some of these points have merit and some of them are just ridiculous propaganda. 

I've tried several times to make the case that he's got both unique upside and distinct downside. I'm not sure his biggest fans buy the latter. And I don't view that as some kind of smear as much as I do just being honest about all possible outcomes.

Hes got some work to do in the general if he makes it that far as far as fighting off the smears, like being a communist now which is absolutely ridiculous. I understand that and Ive criticized him many times. The fact he didnt make a tv ad with Trumps own words saying he didnt want him to be Clintons VP boggles my mind and could perhaps cost him this thing. 

1 hour ago, BlitzFirst said:

Bernie seems to be running away with it in Iowa thus far.

Where are you seeing this? I see everywhere that Pete has a little bit better numbers right now and they are doing some sort of “quality control” which is the reason results are not being released. 

It’s clear that something has gone wrong.

This sounds like something Gabbard's campaign would say.

I read that they are creating 3 datasets for the results this time which they hadn't done before. On top of that they expected record voter turnout. I'm guessing those are big factors in the delay.

18 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

This sounds like something Gabbard's campaign would say.

I read that they are creating 3 datasets for the results this time which they hadn't done before. On top of that they expected record voter turnout. I'm guessing those are big factors in the delay.

The app that they were going to release the results with crashed. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

This is my every four year complaint about caucuses. 

They suck and should be unconstitutional. 

Yep.

Watching this clusterf#ck tonight is pretty embarrassing for Iowa. Makes me really glad that Nebraska Dems switched to a primary this cycle. The caucus was a huge waste of time last cycle.

• Plus1 1