The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

22 minutes ago, commando said:

shows how effective the right wing propaganda is

Maybe...but would left wingers really buy into right winger stuff?

For instance, most everyone on this site is set in their own ways and thoughts (some way more than others), you are not going to change your mind, are you?  Assuming you fall in the left/right wing category. 

7 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Maybe...but would left wingers really buy into right winger stuff?

For instance, most everyone on this site is set in their own ways and thoughts (some way more than others), you are not going to change your mind, are you?  Assuming you fall in the left/right wing category. 

NDJ even admitted it above.   all news has been talking about it.   it has had the effect trump wanted.   it was so important to trump that he slandered biden that he got impeached for doing it.   and it was worth it in trumps mind.

5 minutes ago, commando said:

NDJ even admitted it above.   all news has been talking about it.   it has had the effect trump wanted.   it was so important to trump that he slandered biden that he got impeached for doing it.   and it was worth it in trumps mind.

So, now you are taking what NDJ says as fact?  Because most of the times you guys all attack everything he says.

Let me ask you this, has anything that the "right" has done changed your mind about any of the "left" candidates?  Or are you still good with who you like?

47 minutes ago, commando said:

No it doesn’t. There’s almost no chance he fell by that much over what you’re talking about. He has been a s#!ttier candidate than Clinton was. Think about what she had hanging over her head with the investigations, and the 2 decades of hate aimed at her. And yet she still won the nomination.

Biden has always made gaffes but he clearly has dementia because he has been acting ridiculous during this entire campaign. I think more and more people noticed it as the campaign went on. Talking to a crowd of small Black children about how the kids used to rub the white hairs on his legs probably had more to do with his fall than the Ukraine stuff. That and berating people who ask him questions at town halls.

• Plus1 2

8 minutes ago, teachercd said:

So, now you are taking what NDJ says as fact?  Because most of the times you guys all attack everything he says.

Let me ask you this, has anything that the "right" has done changed your mind about any of the "left" candidates?  Or are you still good with who you like?

my mind is made up that whoever wins the dem nomination is who i am voting for.   trump needs to go no matter what IMO.   Biden, bernie, doesn't matter.  they are all better than trump.  i am just basically waiting to see who the dems nominate to see who i am voting for.    

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
11 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

No it doesn’t. There’s almost no chance he fell by that much over what you’re talking about. He has been a s#!ttier candidate than Clinton was. Think about what she had hanging over her head with the investigations, and the 2 decades of hate aimed at her. And yet she still won the nomination.

Biden has always made gaffes but he clearly has dementia because he has been acting ridiculous during this entire campaign. I think more and more people noticed it as the campaign went on. Talking to a crowd of small Black children about how the kids used to rub the white hairs on his legs probably had more to do with his fall than the Ukraine stuff. That and berating people who ask him questions at town halls.

kk.   there is that affecting him.....no doubt.   but i also am sure that trumps attacks have also had an effect on the middle of the road voters who lean right but want to dump trump.   Biden was the best fit for that group IMO.   

4 minutes ago, commando said:

my mind is made up that whoever wins the dem nomination is who i am voting for.   trump needs to go no matter what IMO.   Biden, bernie, doesn't matter.  they are all better than trump.  i am just basically waiting to see who the dems nominate to see who i am voting for.    

See, this is where I think most people on the left fall...I think most people that are into politics are this way.  I don't think much really sways us...

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

See, this is where I think most people on the left fall...I think most people that are into politics are this way.  I don't think much really sways us...

i am not a dem so i really don't try to talk too much about who should be the dem nominee.   while i do think Biden is the best choice  for a few reasons...i am not opposed to any of the candidates.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, commando said:

I mean idk how much right wing propaganda had to do with it.  Every time the guy opened his mouth more and more people were turned off.  He has told more people NOT to vote for him than I can count.  He has called a voter fat.  He has called a voter a lying dog faced pony soldier.  His why why why why why breakdown with the reporter.  There are so many more things that can be the cause of his downfall than right wing propaganda.

• Plus1 4
36 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

This trump vs Bloom thing is going to be interesting.  Glad Mike as the ability to bite back.

:snacks:

I cant believe this is what our country has come to.  We are so desperate to get rid of this president that we are willing to throw away democracy for another terrible human in Mike Bloomberg.  Thank god some of his record and old videos are starting to emerge now that's hes rising.  Its worse than even I imagined.  The guy is a s#!t human being and should not be anywhere near the white house.  And it doesn't matter how much s#!ttier Trump is.  That's my point, we are trading in a terrible human being for a little less terrible human being.  If Bloomberg wins the nomination, democracy dies whether Trump wins or loses against him. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

FWIW the first thing out of my mouth when the UKR 'scandal' broke was this is a typical Trump affair because it will force the media to say "Biden" and 'corruption' in the same sentence.   Months later the constant drum beat of stories seems to have bruised Biden and may have wrecked his campaign.  Even his supporters don't say much more beyond "best chance to win the general."

You're correct, Trump's bribes for ginned-up foreign election interference seem to have worked. 

• Plus1 1
23 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

I cant believe this is what our country has come to.  We are so desperate to get rid of this president that we are willing to throw away democracy for another terrible human in Mike Bloomberg.  Thank god some of his record and old videos are starting to emerge now that's hes rising.  Its worse than even I imagined.  The guy is a s#!t human being and should not be anywhere near the white house.  And it doesn't matter how much s#!ttier Trump is.  That's my point, we are trading in a terrible human being for a little less terrible human being.  If Bloomberg wins, democracy dies.

where has bloomberg finished in the first 2 primaries?   where has your guy finished?   why are you crying that america is choosing bloomberg?

4 minutes ago, commando said:

where has bloomberg finished in the first 2 primaries?   where has your guy finished?   why are you crying that america is choosing bloomberg?

He isn't participating til super Tuesday.  Im not crying, Im warning.  Most people don't know his record.  Well, a bunch of videos emerged the other day showing the type of person he is.  I knew his record was pretty bad as mayor of NYC but it is worse than even I thought. 

If you want to trade in a bad guy for another bad guy that's on you.  I want my guy to win, but if he doesn't, which chances are he wont, I want someone who isn't a complete scumbag in the white house.

• Plus1 1