The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

8 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

However, if you think only Bloomberg has a chance to defeat Trump, you haven't been paying attention to the polls and you really haven't been watching any of the Democratic candidates.

I think Biden has the best chance. I’ve seen the polls and don’t put a lot of stock in them at this point.  That will change in 6 months. I believe Bloomberg’s chances are dwindling due to some of the factors you mentioned. I will say that a Sanders/Warren ticket would be intriguing.     I think we have to focus on the swing states here and I believe Florida is essentially a must win for the Dems.   I think it’s going to be very tough to defeat Trump in WI, PA, etc.  

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, funhusker said:

I'd like to read the whole essay.  But from what I've been able to find online, it seems that Sanders was writing the article to make points about gender roles and how inappropriate they were.

I do believe you are correct.

With that said, Sanders still thinks that is what men think of when the flog the dolphin...which maybe some do, I know I don't!

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, funhusker said:

I'd like to read the whole essay.  But from what I've been able to find online, it seems that Sanders was writing the article to make points about gender roles and how inappropriate they were.

Correct. Plus, its been out there forever and this clip from CNN was from 2016. 

And everyone has a fantasy or two. If you say you dont then thats about has believable

as saying youve never beat the meat before:lol:

:backtotopic      Bernie would be more acceptable if he would not rattle off stuff about Castro, etc.   I do think deep down, when one listens to Bernie's heart on the issues- most would agree that the issues are important... very important. That there are huge injustices and imbalances in the system (I'm starting to sound like a Dem now - maybe a conservative wt a heart) that need to be addressed. You have to be blind and tone deaf not to see/hear it.  However, his plan has to be viable - he's got to pay for it.  On 60 minutes he added universal child care to the tab.  How do we pay for it along wt his version of Medicare for all, free tuition, tuition forgiveness, infrastructure improvement, child care, etc. :dunno:dunno:dunno.    If we drop the military budget to zero and confiscated the combined wealth of all of the top 1% we don't have it all paid for. 

This review below is from  the Committee for Responsible Federal Govt & evaluates  the 2016 campaign proposals and doesn't include some of the new proposals:

http://www.crfb.org/papers/adding-senator-sanderss-campaign-proposals-so-far

Based on our latest estimates, Senator Sanders’s proposals would raise both spending and revenue to far beyond any previous levels in the United States over the last half century. Spending (including net interest) would average 37 percent of Gross Domestic Product (GDP) over the decade. By comparison, the United States has spent an average of about 20 percent of GDP over the last half century and never more than 24.4 percent.

Senator Sanders would also increase revenue substantially, to about 25 percent of GDP over the decade, which is significantly higher than the historical average of 17.4 percent and well above the previous record of 20 percent of GDP set in the year 2000.

In dollar terms, we find that Senator Sanders’s major initiatives would cost over $31 trillion, while his tax increases – based largely on estimates from TPC – would raise less than $16 trillion.2 Incorporating interest, the result would be almost $19 trillion of additional debt, causing debt to rise from 74 percent of GDP in 2015 (and 86 percent by 2026 under current law) to 154 percent of GDP by 2026.3 By comparison, the Sanders campaign’s own estimates suggest his major policies would actually reduce debt by $2.8 trillion relative to current law, resulting in a debt-to-GDP ratio of 75 percent of GDP by 2026.

• Haha 1