The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

This is as sketchy as it can get.  3 Weeks ago Biden was left for dead.  He has done NOTHING that would change that...yet all of a sudden he is the predicted winner with a bunch of support from candidates that were just going against him right before Super Tuesday.

He convincingly won SC.  

• Plus1 2
52 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

Why is it sketchy?  Have you been watching the returns for the states?  Not a lot of "sketch" to it.  He won the AA vote.  He has their support and it will drive his results.  (remember African American women drove the 2018 mid term elections - they are a powerful and engaged group)

The only sketchy thing is that we have the first two states caucus that have less than 3% diversity.  

Yeah...but why drop out 24 hours before Super Tuesday?  I mean, it makes no sense.

Unless...

• Plus1 1
35 minutes ago, funhusker said:

He convincingly won SC.  

Yep...

But why drop out 24 hours before Super Tuesday?

Look...it is okay to call it what it is...it is sketchy but smart.  Sketchy in the sense that dropping out and endorsing the next President of the USA is going to be very very beneficial.  

54 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

Why is it sketchy?  Have you been watching the returns for the states?  Not a lot of "sketch" to it.  He won the AA vote.  He has their support and it will drive his results.  (remember African American women drove the 2018 mid term elections - they are a powerful and engaged group)

The only sketchy thing is that we have the first two states caucus that have less than 3% diversity.  

So you want more diverse people to move to Iowa?  Good luck.  No one wants to live there.

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Sketchy in the sense that dropping out and endorsing the next President of the USA is going to be very very beneficial.  

Is that too far off the norm though? It was obvious it was turning into a 2 horse race, it usually is a 2 horse race at this point anyways - or at least as long as I’ve been voting (granted 12 years). My guess is Bernie still has a very very good day today. 

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Is that too far off the norm though? It was obvious it was turning into a 2 horse race, it usually is a 2 horse race at this point anyways - or at least as long as I’ve been voting (granted 12 years). My guess is Bernie still has a very very good day today. 

I don't think it is all that far off...They are scratching his back in hopes that he will scratch theirs later on.  Makes sense, it is smart, I would do it...but it is sketchy.

4 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Good observation in this tweet.  The GOP blew it in 2016 and allowed Trump to pick them off one by one.  Too many egos were at play and the guy wt the biggest ego won.

Exactly!  They learned how to manipulate things this time around.

Yeah...but why drop out 24 hours before Super Tuesday?  I mean, it makes no sense.

Unless...

NO PATH FORWARD.  Doing the delegate math there was no way Amy could come close to catching up, and Pete would likely struggle based on his lack of POC support.

You'll see probably Warren drop out after ST - is that also sketchy?

• Plus1 1

Yep...

But why drop out 24 hours before Super Tuesday?

Look...it is okay to call it what it is...it is sketchy but smart.  Sketchy in the sense that dropping out and endorsing the next President of the USA is going to be very very beneficial.  

So you want more diverse people to move to Iowa?  Good luck.  No one wants to live there.

Nope - IA should not be the first state to caucus and carry so much weight.  They should look at states that reflect the population of the US.

10 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Why???  It’s broken because someone you support might not win?

The establishment is rallying around the same exact type of candidate that gave us Trump. Literally nothing has been learned since 2016, and if it seems like Bernie had a better shot this time it's only because the establishment took longer to prop up the chosen candidate. It seems hopeless that this system will ever produce a presidential candidate who isn't deep in someone else's pockets.

It's not over and things could change drastically today, but 538 heavily predicts a contested convention and lord knows if it comes to that the superdelegates will again overwhelmingly side with their establishment candidate.

I hate political parties so much.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 2
12 minutes ago, mrandyk said:

The establishment is rallying around the same exact type of candidate that gave us Trump. Literally nothing has been learned since 2016, and if it seems like Bernie had a better shot this time it's only because the establishment took longer to prop up the chosen candidate. It seems hopeless that this system will ever produce a presidential candidate who isn't deep in someone else's pockets.

It's not over and things could change drastically today, but 538 heavily predicts a contested convention and lord knows if it comes to that the superdelegates will again overwhelmingly side with their establishment candidate.

I hate political parties so much.

This is so well written!