The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

9 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

It's really early but so far, Bernie supporters ought to be pretty worried. Looks like the only demographic where Bernie performs well is with young people. But in people over 40, black people, etc Biden is running away with it.

This ^^^ and only 13-19%  of those young voters actually went out and voted today.  Bernie isnt driving the new, young voters that his campaign has been banking on.  Numbers for that group are actually lower than 2016.

This isn't the "establishment" burning Bernie.  It's the supporters for each candidate actually making it (or not) to the polls.

23 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

It's really early but so far, Bernie supporters ought to be pretty worried. Looks like the only demographic where Bernie performs well is with young people. But in people over 40, black people, etc Biden is running away with it.

11 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

This ^^^ and only 13-19%  of those young voters actually went out and voted today.  Bernie isnt driving the new, young voters that his campaign has been banking on.  Numbers for that group are actually lower than 2016.

This isn't the "establishment" burning Bernie.  It's the supporters for each candidate actually making it (or not) to the polls.

What? Bernie has the most diverse coalition of any of the candidates.

It's not just bros: Sanders wins with a diverse coalition

BLACK VOTERS PREFER BERNIE SANDERS OVER ALL OTHER DEMOCRATIC CANDIDATES, NEW POLL SHOWS

Morning Consult polling has a website where you can see the crosstabs using a dropdown:

https://morningconsult.com/2020-democratic-primary/

And regardless of who wins, the field narrowing greatly reduces the chances of a contested convention, which is probably the worst thing that could happen to the Dem nominee.

It's coming down to Bernie v Biden, which is a good primary race with the two sides clearly having different ideologies. I voted for Bernie today, but I'm curious to see what the voters decide.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Shocker!

Young people want free s#!t without understanding how it gets paid for..."Isn't there a money tree in the backyard...my parents always referenced it when I was growing up and asking for stuff"

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, RedDenver said:

And regardless of who wins, the field narrowing greatly reduces the chances of a contested convention, which is probably the worst thing that could happen to the Dem nominee.

It's coming down to Bernie v Biden, which is a good primary race with the two sides clearly having different ideologies. I voted for Bernie today, but I'm curious to see what the voters decide.

I agree wholeheartedly, well said. No fractured fields, no excuses. Just two good men offering different visions for the future of the party and the country.

In the end, they should compete with each other and let the voters decide.

• Plus1 2
Just now, Danny Bateman said:

I agree wholeheartedly, well said. No fractured fields, no excuses. Just two good men offering different visions for the future of the party and the country.

In the end, they should compete with each other and let the voters decide.

Yep.

The Dem establishment could still mess this up if Bernie has the plurality and super delegates give the nomination to another candidate, but I'm hoping we don't get to that. And I suppose there's still a chance for Bloomberg to mess things up, but we'll see if his polling numbers actually mean anything starting tonight.

9 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

What? Bernie has the most diverse coalition of any of the candidates.

It's not just bros: Sanders wins with a diverse coalition

BLACK VOTERS PREFER BERNIE SANDERS OVER ALL OTHER DEMOCRATIC CANDIDATES, NEW POLL SHOWS

Morning Consult polling has a website where you can see the crosstabs using a dropdown:

I was just peeking at MSNBC for a little while, and Biden is KILLING Bernie with every demographic except for young people.

5 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

I was just peeking at MSNBC for a little while, and Biden is KILLING Bernie with every demographic except for young people.

Is there a poll or some data? MSNBC is pretty hostile to Bernie, so they could just be repeating that narrative from 2016.

1 minute ago, RedDenver said:

Do they say where those pie charts are coming from? I can't find anything that shows Biden ahead of Bernie in diversity other than the SC primary.

I'm sure they do - you'll have to check it out there. One specifically showed Biden having 72% of the black support in Alabama and Bernie with under 20% IIRC.

Just now, ActualCornHusker said:

I'm sure they do - you'll have to check it out there. One specifically showed Biden having 72% of the black support in Alabama and Bernie with under 20% IIRC.

Ok, that makes sense. The individual states will vary, so I'm sure there are some that will show Biden having diverse support and Bernie having none, but the opposite is true as well - just look at the Nevada results. But the Morning Consult polls are national and show Bernie actually leads Biden in diverse support:

On 2/26/2020 at 8:11 PM, ActualCornHusker said:

I don't dislike Trump the way you do, but I pretty much agree. The problem is, I can't name a president in my lifetime that I'd say actually did a good job...

Are you old enough to vote?

Presidents that did a good job in my lifetime. (Don’t  read it as Presidents that didn’t have flaws and it’s a pretty low bar)

Kennedy

Nixon

Ford

Reagan

Bush HW

Clinton

Bush GW

Obama

2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Are you old enough to vote?

Presidents that did a good job in my lifetime. (Don’t  read it as Presidents that didn’t have flaws and it’s a pretty low bar)

Kennedy

Nixon

Ford

Reagan

Bush HW

Clinton

Bush GW

Obama

I came into the world during Bush Sr's tenure. Every president in my lifetime has been abysmal