The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

3 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

The problem is, not enough of us young progressives even voted in the freaking primaries, let alone a general. Bernies shot at trump is these young progressive voters coming out in droves - not by the dozens. Bernie doesn’t have a snow balls chance in hell in the primaries or general if the young people don’t vote. 

Im not talking about just young progressives. Bernies base is about 1/3 of the democratic party. He also appeals to a lot of independents which, unless they joined the party like I had to, arent able to vote in some primaries. Remember 108,000,000 didnt vote last time. More Sanders supporters switched to Trump in the rust belt than the margin he won by. Will Biden create enough excitement to get some of those 108,000,000 people to come vote or switch those votes back to him in MI, PA and WI?

Trump has been playing the long game this whole time. Moderates thought it was because he was scared of Biden. He knew Bernie wasnt going to be the nominee. Hes been hammering home the idea of Bernie being screwed and now hes doing it again today. He wants those votes or for people to stay home. He will most likely get his wish. 

41 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

You’re really not understanding what I’m saying are you. 

I defiantly won’t be voting for Trump.....and probably not Sanders either. 

I would vote for Biden against Trump. 

I understand exactly what you are saying. If you would rather sit by than vote for Sanders it's pretty obvious you prefer things as they are as opposed to Sanders. 

Let me put it this way. If Sanders was the nominee and you preferred Sanders over Trump, why wouldn't you vote for Sanders?

Its like living 2016 again. Biden will talk about the “soul of this nation is at stake” “we are the United States of America we can do whatever we want” “Trump is a bad guy and says mean things on twitter” while Trump will run to his left on many issues and hammer him about trade and outsourcing jobs. He will bring up the 1994 crime bill and brag about releasing non-violent drug offenders of color and brag about making a deal with the taliban to end the war Biden started. God damn this is going to be a f#&%ing disaster!

And thats before he will bring up the Ukraine crap. 

• Plus1 1

I've wondered if there is some sort of agreement between Obama and the Sanders camp. i.e. if Obama doesn't endorse anyone until it is all decided, Sanders will put his full force behind the nominee. It is crazy he hasn't endorsed his 8-year right hand man.

17 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Democrats don't have any real principle on anything and just say whatever suits their interest at the time.... hmmm

If you've got a problem with that kind of politician boy, have I got a party to show you!

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Which is odd to me...the "young" crowd is so vocal and in your face about stuff (not in a bad way, just in a very present way) yet they don't see to go vote.

What is the deal with that?  Is it that they like the idea of talking about "change" but they really don't care if it happens?

I’m a bad one to ask, I’ve voted in every election since I’ve turned 18, 11 years ago. I assumed being in a generation strapped With massive education debt, insanely high housing costs, insanely high health care costs, stagnant wages - this was the push we would need to hit the polls, but guess not!! 

• Thanks 1
Just now, Frott Scost said:

Its like living 2016 again. Biden will talk about the “soul of this nation is at stake” “we are the United States of America we can do whatever we want” “Trump is a bad guy and says mean things on twitter” while Trump will run to his left on many issues and hammer him about Trade and outsourcing jobs. He will bring up the 1994 crime bill and brag about releasing non-violent drug offenders of color and brag about making a deal with the taliban to end the war Biden started. God damn this is going to be a f#&%ing disaster!

You seem to be really vibing with Biden, I dig it

Since I'm still registered GOP, I got to vote for someone other than Trump yesterday in the Okla primary..  It felt GOOD. :corndance

I will gladly vote for Biden in the GE.  I will vote for Sanders if he is the nominee - not because I agree with his policies but because I believe Trump is a greater threat if given 4 more years.  Bernie's policies will still have to pass Congress.  There are enough moderate Dems and GOP Senators to moderate any policy that is too extreme - even if the Dems take the senate. 

• Plus1 3
2 minutes ago, QMany said:

I've wondered if there is some sort of agreement between Obama and the Sanders camp. i.e. if Obama doesn't endorse anyone until it is all decided, Sanders will put his full force behind the nominee. It is crazy he hasn't endorsed his 8-year right hand man.

Its been reported that Obama is the initiator of this plan to get everyone to drop out and endorse Biden. He made calls to Buttigieg the night he dropped out. And to Beto the day he endorsed Biden. 

21 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

That's definitely not the point. 

Do you not find it ironic and hilarious that for the last 3 years we've heard Dems complain non-stop about the electoral college, then when asked on stage if the person with the most votes going into convention should get the nomination, only Bernie said yes....

It's almost like... Democrats don't have any real principle on anything and just say whatever suits their interest at the time.... hmmm

Has the person without the most delegates or votes gotten the dem nomination ever or are we creating a imaginary world where this happens. 

• Plus1 2

We're seeing two campaigns in play: the Not Trump campaign and the Not Bernie campaign. It's not so much who or what you actually believe in. Joe Biden was an empty vessel just a week ago and now everybody who knows what they don't want has decided they could live with Joe Biden. It's not a rousing endorsement of the Democratic Party, but it does have plenty of cold logic. 

If Biden gets the nomination -- and I'm pretty sure he will --- it won't be because the establishment Dems stole it from Bernie. It will be because the African-American voters in South Carolina made him viable.  

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Frott Scost said:

Its been reported that Obama is the initiator of this plan to get everyone to drop out and endorse Biden. He made calls to Buttigieg the night he dropped out. And to Beto the day he endorsed Biden. 

The NYT reported that Obama talked to Buttigieg after he dropped out. I haven't seen any reports he initiated the dropout.

But the question still remains, why not endorse Joe already?

2 minutes ago, QMany said:

My guess, and this is pure speculation, is that they know Obama was a popular president, so they'll wait until Biden needs a boost (or Bernie, for that matter) and announce it then. I'm sure it's being held as a stratagem, not out of indecision on Obama's part.

2 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

We're seeing two campaigns in play: the Not Trump campaign and the Not Bernie campaign. It's not so much who or what you actually believe in. Joe Biden was an empty vessel just a week ago and now everybody who knows what they don't want has decided they could live with Joe Biden. It's not a rousing endorsement of the Democratic Party, but it does have plenty of cold logic. 

If Biden gets the nomination -- and I'm pretty sure he will --- it won't be because the establishment Dems stole it from Bernie. It will be because the African-American voters in South Carolina made him viable.  

Whip Clyburn might have single-handedly changed the trajectory of this election.

• Plus1 1