The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

19 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

So much falsehood here. First of all the list isnt wrong at all. Feel free to actually prove it wrong instead of just declaring. Unfortunately you can't do that. Secondly show me one instance of Democrats calling for open borders. I'll wait. 

Oh man...the "I'll wait" line.

That made the list for one of the worst posting responses!  

12 hours ago, mrandyk said:

Anyone else annoyed that we've got a (presumptive) center-left candidate against a insanely right candidate in the general election? Why do we have to skew everything right? Best case scenario in 2020 is we get a geriatric slightly left of center president who enacts no change.

How is electing someone left of center...skewing everything right?

3 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Goodness, Biden could get every delegate in florida. As someone who likes Bernie, it is worrisome how he would do there in the general. 

It is done now, right?  Biden is the nomination.  

I feel bad for Sanders, his own party treated him so poorly.  And he is probably never running again now.

4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Pour one out for your homie Elizabeth Warren.

And we are down to three Dem candidates.   I'm waiting to hear who she endorses.   It'll be basically the end of Bernie, if she goes Biden.

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

It is done now, right?  Biden is the nomination.  

I feel bad for Sanders, his own party treated him so poorly.  And he is probably never running again now.

To be clear ... it's not his party.  

And the whole "treated him poorly" is a GOP talking point coming straight out of Trump's mouth (and now Bernies and his followers).  The voters voted, Bernie didn't get as many as Biden.  And it's far from over.  But this sort of whiney excuse making coming from the Bernie camp is not a good look and doesn't bode well for him winning over any undecided's.

• Plus1 5
3 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

To be clear ... it's not his party.  

And the whole "treated him poorly" is a GOP talking point coming straight out of Trump's mouth (and now Bernies and his followers).  The voters voted, Bernie didn't get as many as Biden.  And it's far from over.  But this sort of whiney excuse making coming from the Bernie camp is not a good look and doesn't bode well for him winning over any undecided's.

They do seem a bit whiny.

9 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Why is it not his party?  Didn't he change over to the D's and run as a D?

Or are you saying that if you don't start as one "thing" that you can never become that "thing"?  

https://www.npr.org/2019/03/04/700121429/bernie-sanders-files-to-run-as-a-democrat-and-an-independent

https://www.politifact.com/article/2020/mar/02/how-can-bernie-sanders-run-democratic-primary-when/

He registered to run the 2020 presidential race as a Dem so he could have the support (i.e. $ and party recognition) Ironically, he registered to run in his 2024 Senate race for VT as an Independent.

He's never become a Democrat, and he never had the intention to do so - you can not run for President and have any hope of success as an Independent.  He upped his chances to stay in the race by putting himself on a blue ticket.

I'd also say Bloomberg wasn't a dem but was running as one.  And Tulsi, well that's a whole other ball of wax, but imho she also is not a Dem.

• Plus1 1