The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

You can say that about every single person in or supporting the Dem party. Bernie has been caucusing with the Dems for decades. If you don't like it, then advocate for the end of the two party system, so other candidates can run without being forced into claiming one party or the other.

And I'd like to point out that Bernie could run as a third-party candidate and hurt the Dem party pretty bad, it's WAY better for the Dems to include him.

• I would love to blow up the two party system.
  • Bernie has also done a lot to stoke animosity between himself and the democratic party (see articles sited above)
  • I would not be surprised if he does try to run as a third option if he loses the primary to Biden

6 minutes ago, NM11046 said:
  • I would love to blow up the two party system.
  • Bernie has also done a lot to stoke animosity between himself and the democratic party (see articles sited above)
  • I would not be surprised if he does try to run as a third option if he loses the primary to Biden

Bernie has touted unity more recently. I dont think he will run as a 3rd party option if he loses the primary

• Plus1 1
24 minutes ago, teachercd said:

-180?  I guess not heavy favorite...But the favorite.  

Some have him at 59%.

I just looked, -149 Trump, +150 Biden - 54% chance Trump wins. Again, not saying Trump has no chance - just that it's virtually a toss up by most metrics. No one can clearly say one person has the clear path if it were a Trump/Biden race. 

7 minutes ago, Redux said:

Because the Dems best option after all this is Joe Biden?  This is a disaster IMO lol.  Sorry I just can't get behind the notion Joe Biden is the best the DNC could come up with after all this.

Who do you think would be more likely to beat Trump?

Why would Trump hire Rudy to go out and get “dirt “ on Biden?  Why not anyone else?

Why was Trump defending Bernie?

Why is are GOP senators ramping up their efforts on getting dirt on the Bidens?

It certainly doesn’t appear the GOP thinks Joe has “ no chance “ or “will get crushed “ by Trump. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Redux said:

Sure, there will be  a LOT of people who vote Biden because anyone but Trump.  But those actually deciding between the two aren't going to be wooed by Biden's speaking lol

Perhaps there will be enough 'trump fatigue' that we could put Bert and Ernie on the ticket and enough voters will vote Trump out of the WH.  The Dems are basically hoping for this - they don't have the best candidate from a debating perspective (Biden) or from a policy perspective (Bernie) but if they can stir up enough resentment towards Trump maybe they can turn Florida, Mi, Penn, Wisc in some combination that will give them an electoral college advantage.  For Biden - I think the VP pick will be more important than it has been in recent years (probably going back to GWB picking Cheney- Cheney added 'political weight'to the ticket)  - it will be the VP pick that will perhaps bring the progressives and the moderate together and bring out the vote. Biden doesn't need 'political weight' in the VP pick, put he needs someone who can help energize the vote and be seen as a very capable President if called upon.   I think when Trump attacks Biden for his current mental gaffs there might be an insurance policy in the form of the VP that will calm voter concerns.  I have big concerns about Biden's heath  - but if he has a great VP behind him, it will greatly lesson my concern.

6 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

Who do you think would be more likely to beat Trump?

Why would Trump hire Rudy to go out and get “dirt “ on Biden?  Why not anyone else?

Why was Trump defending Bernie?

Why is are GOP senators ramping up their efforts on getting dirt on the Bidens?

It certainly doesn’t appear the GOP thinks Joe has “ no chance “ or “will get crushed “ by Trump. 

I think Biden will fair better than Bernie, that's why the DNC hosed him again.

Hey, maybe I'll be wrong.  But if the vote happened tomorrow, Trump by 10% IMO.