The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

I mean... what has Biden been saying about all this?  Has he held any pressers? 

On one hand, you'd like to see a guy who wants to lead the country out... you know... leading.

On the other, I can see where doing that right now could be considered a distraction and a hindrance to the work of the Administration.

3 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

He could be right but people are so reactionary - we will have another poll in a week that gives Trump a 55% disapproval rating and people will be throwing dirt on his grave! The teeter tooter rolls on.

The lesson is not to draw conclusion from single data points. FWIW I think you're right and it may be an anomaly. Or people are just really excited about the prospect of getting some Trump Bux sent out to them and don't really understand how bad the medical and economical ramifications from this could get.

4 hours ago, knapplc said:

I mean... what has Biden been saying about all this?  Has he held any pressers? 

On one hand, you'd like to see a guy who wants to lead the country out... you know... leading.

On the other, I can see where doing that right now could be considered a distraction and a hindrance to the work of the Administration.

No, if you are Joe right now...you don't say a thing.

This is like when you were a kid and your parents are yelling at one of your siblings...

You learn early on that chiming in just gets you in trouble too...so what do you do?  You sit back and listen (from a safe distance, like on the stairs, so your parents don't know you can hear them yelling at your brother, the original social distancing) 

• Plus1 1

36 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

NOTHING.

He tweeted about it only after #whereisjoe was trending this morning.  Then his tweet was some rambling mess.  He did the same thing he always does...act unlike a leader.

Biden made his comments from his home in Wilmington, Delaware, where he has been holed up for more than a week in adherence with Centers for Disease Control guidelines that urge people to practice social distancing.

5f

Immediately after the initial onset of the crisis, Biden also held his fire against the president out of concern it would look too political — an accusation leveled at him anyway by Trump campaign manager Brad Parscale, who said that “Biden will take attention from real updates Americans should know just to score political points.”

Ever since his commanding victories Tuesday against Bernie Sanders in Florida, Illinois and Arizona, Biden has made no public appearances or statements. Instead, he said, he has been spending time privately talking to health officials, businesses, governors and members of Congress.

Listens to experts.

Thinks ahead before he does things.

Works to achieve a consensus with government, scientists and the private sector.

Does not blurt out the first thing that comes to mind because he must have attention all the time.

Personally those are traits I actually want in a leader.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

joe biden isn't in power at any level.   he can state an opinion...but right now he carries no chain of command to carry out what he would want done.   so why does it matter what he has to say about this?   he has to leave it up to the powers that be right now as that is all that has the authority to do anything.  for better or worse...it is up to the trump administration to handle this.  i fear the worst but do hope the people around him can force him to do some things right.  we should have had orders for emergency medical supplies in already but here we are trying to play catch up.   at least don isn't denying it anymore.   

33 minutes ago, commando said:

joe biden isn't in power at any level.   he can state an opinion...but right now he carries no chain of command to carry out what he would want done.   so why does it matter what he has to say about this?   he has to leave it up to the powers that be right now as that is all that has the authority to do anything.  for better or worse...it is up to the trump administration to handle this.  i fear the worst but do hope the people around him can force him to do some things right.  we should have had orders for emergency medical supplies in already but here we are trying to play catch up.   at least don isn't denying it anymore.   

If you're the presumptive nominee, you can and should be showing leadership qualities. They do not need to be political attacks or policy initiatives you can't launch,  but simply reminders and reassurances and vetted information for the public because you're an influential insider who has better intel than the average American. 

I believe the question was "what would you say to Americans who are scared right now?" and Biden is perfectly qualified to have an answer,. Not providing one is a serious whiff.  Especially since that personal heartstring moment is supposedly Joe's strong suit. 

• Plus1 1