The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

1 hour ago, Landlord said:

I haven't had a chance to look into the Biden allegation yet, but the first headline I read was that the accuser tried giving the story to Time's Up, and they didn't want it.

Since their whole mission is to expose sexual assault on behalf of powerful men, that immediately made me skeptical as to the story's reliability.

4 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

I guess people just don't want to discuss it.

I can only speak for myself, but I feel like others would agree that there is no point in discussing it.  

Have we actually lowered ourselves to the point of debating which candidates sexual assault is more acceptable than the other’s?

It’s not my preference or likely yours either, but the fact is it has come down to either Biden or Trump.   One is bad and the other is worse.  It’s up to everyone to decide for themselves which one is which.  So unless there’s credible accusations that Biden has done worse things than Trump allegedly has done, then all this just comes across as sour grapes from Bernie supporters.  

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Decoy73 said:

I can only speak for myself, but I feel like others would agree that there is no point in discussing it.  

Have we actually lowered ourselves to the point of debating which candidates sexual assault is more acceptable than the other’s?

It’s not my preference or likely yours either, but the fact is it has come down to either Biden or Trump.   One is bad and the other is worse.  It’s up to everyone to decide for themselves which one is which.  So unless there’s credible accusations that Biden has done worse things than Trump allegedly has done, then all this just comes across as sour grapes from Bernie supporters.  

The Dem primaries are still going on.

But the bigger issue is that we need to understand and hold accountable people in positions of power regardless of their party.

• Plus1 1

14 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

The Dem primaries are still going on.

But the bigger issue is that we need to understand and hold accountable people in positions of power regardless of their party.

There’s too much momentum behind Biden at this point, so barring any major event, it’s his nomination to loose.  

I agree on your point about holding those in power accountable, but posters on HB debating accusations doesn’t accomplish this. 

19 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Edit: Also now being covered by yahoo (no idea why they put it in their sports section):

Joe Biden Faces Sexual Assault Allegations From A Former Staffer

So does anyone think there is enough here to upend Biden's nomination?  

Is there a concerted effort by  a particular group that would cause this to come to light at this time - Trump/Russian:o, Bernie's team, ??

or is it just that now that Biden is nearer to the nomination, the story starts to get traction in the media.

9 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

So does anyone think there is enough here to upend Biden's nomination?  

Is there a concerted effort by  a particular group that would cause this to come to light at this time - Trump/Russian:o, Bernie's team, ??

or is it just that now that Biden is nearer to the nomination, the story starts to get traction in the media.

Who knows, but it pisses me off.

a)  If true, he's a piece of s#!t.

and

b)  It gives Trump more ammo and it's harder for Biden to attack Trump for being an immoral piece of s#!t.

How the hell do we end up with two 70+ year old jack asses that we have to choose from?

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Who knows, but it pisses me off.

a)  If true, he's a piece of s#!t.

and

b)  It gives Trump more ammo and it's harder for Biden to attack Trump for being an immoral piece of s#!t.

How the hell do we end up with two 70+ year old jack asses that we have to choose from?

Just like 2016 - two very flawed candidates    Like you said, Biden looses all moral high ground in this discussion if true.  I hope the Dems are able to draft someone else - Cuomo perhaps.  I don't know enough about his policies which is secondary at this time to the primary role of removing Trump from office,  but he's got to be more capable at this time to lead then Biden.

I was hoping one of the younger Dems would have broken through.  Booker, Amy, Harris, or even Warren (not so much younger but a fresh face).

9 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

last I checked, there was still a path for Bernie if Biden should be a moron.

There probably is.  I just think that most, myself included have accepted that it’s going to be Biden.  And if getting behind the candidate that ultimately opposes Trump In November is your M.O., then why continue to spread “dirt “ on said candidate?   

10 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I was hoping one of the younger Dems would have broken through.  Booker, Amy, Harris, or even Warren (not so much younger but a fresh face

I agree. Hopefully one will be the VP, which could mean they might have to finish the term, or at least be in stronger position for 2024.  I basically see Biden as a steppingstone.