The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

5 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I don't think people are so in love with Bernie, but rather a combination of the other candidates not being popular and people getting disillusioned at the obvious ploy to deny Bernie the nomination will result in low voter turnout. Plus Trump will run on Bernie getting screwed by the Dem party again, and it'll ring true.

Biden is pretty well-liked, though. Especially in non-internet America, he's looked on as a decent guy. That's why Trump & Putin have been digging up dirt on him for so long. 

33 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I don't think enough of the country is so in love with Bernie that if he gets screwed by the Democrat party that they'll switch votes.

What this election is going to hinge on is if enough people are fed up enough with Trump to vote against him no matter who the candidate is.

If so, the Dems could run Ed the Talking Horse and win.  If not, Trump's got the same chance as any incumbent.

If so, the Dems could run Andrew Cuomo and win in a landslide.

Maybe.

I've actually given up predicting anything.

Most of us have accepted it's going to be Biden vs. Trump. Not that either of them were many people's first choices here but it's what we're going to get.

I do find it odd that the actual substance of the accusation against Biden here changed so dramatically from "he objectified me and touched my neck in a way I didn't consider sexual" to literal rape right at this point in time. I'm not going to call this woman a shill for Bernie or some Russian plant like a lot of people are, but there are some reasons for skepticism here. Most reputable media sources passed on this so we've got mainly Bernie media and Trump media hopping on this story in part because it benefits them.

The accusation is certainly ugly, but at this point, it is indeed a he said-she said situation.

Women should absolutely feel like they can speak their truth if they were attacked. But it's not unreasonable for the rest of us to hear an accusation and wait to see if there is truth to it before just assuming it is. 

Hell, with the information we have right now, this legitimately could be another Russian disinfo rabbithole. And yet the contingent of folks primarily concerned with seeing Trump succeed and/or Biden fail are jumping straight into it without abandon. 

Perhaps wait and see is the best approach.

Reade now says there was more to her experience with Biden. In an interview with podcast host Katie Halper, which aired Wednesday, Reade says Biden sexually assaulted her, pushing her against a wall and penetrating her with his fingers. When she pulled away, she says, he said he thought she “liked” him.

• Thanks 1

I am far from any type of Biden supporter but the timing of this allegation is so suspect that I just can’t believe her at all. He is a very high profile person, she could’ve made these allegations at any prior time....unless this is purely politically motivated, which it is. It stinks of Trump involvement. If you believe her, I’ve got some beach front property for sale in Western Nebraska.

And for clarification, I’ve only seen it mentioned a few times in this thread. Haven’t read a single link or heard anything about it outside of this thread. And yes, I’m still 99% sure it is complete BS.

2 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

She's been trying to get the story out for YEARS.  No one would report on it.  That's part of the story if you would read or listen.

I’ll do a little more listening and reading before I completely dismiss it.  But I will be very skeptical, if for no other reason, the timing of it coming out is extremely curious. And as much as I am not impressed by Biden, he just doesn’t strike me as the type to engage in that behavior. But virtually all politicians have major character flaws, so maybe there is something to it.

The Intercept broke both the allegations against Kavanaugh and the allegations against Biden, but I notice a lot of people that thought one way for Kavanaugh now think the opposite for Biden. And that's people on both sides of the aisle.

For those that want to know more, here's an interview with the accuser:

20 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

The Intercept broke both the allegations against Kavanaugh and the allegations against Biden, but I notice a lot of people that thought one way for Kavanaugh now think the opposite for Biden. And that's people on both sides of the aisle.

For those that want to know more, here's an interview with the accuser:

When did she give an interview to The Intercept?

17 minutes ago, knapplc said:

When did she give an interview to The Intercept?

Sorry if I was unclear. The Intercept broke the story about Time's Up declining to fund a #metoo allegation against Biden a few days back:

TIME’S UP SAID IT COULD NOT FUND A #METOO ALLEGATION AGAINST JOE BIDEN, CITING ITS NONPROFIT STATUS AND HIS PRESIDENTIAL RUN

After that story, the show Rising had an interview with Tara Reade who is accusing Biden:

Just now, RedDenver said:

Sorry if I was unclear. The Intercept broke the story about Time's Up declining to fund a #metoo allegation against Biden a few days back:

TIME’S UP SAID IT COULD NOT FUND A #METOO ALLEGATION AGAINST JOE BIDEN, CITING ITS NONPROFIT STATUS AND HIS PRESIDENTIAL RUN

After that story, the show Rising had an interview with Tara Reade who is accusing Biden:

Has she ever given any interviews about her allegations before the last few weeks? If so, what did she say then?