The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

53 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

If the MSM found the story not to be credible, they could report on that or just on the facts and evidence (or lack of evidence). Or come out and report the allegations and say that they're still investigating the matter.

Do you think the MSM would have the same lack of reporting if this exact same story were about Trump or Bernie instead of Biden? I don't think it's a conspiracy, but I do think it's a bias that the MSM has for letting Biden slide on a lot of stuff. And a part of it is that the MSM can't walk and chew gum at the same time; they devote coverage to a story or event and barely cover anything else.

I'm not sure they're obligated to report on something if they think it is bunk.

Like, if I come out tomorrow and state Bernie fondled me, without any evidence, should I expect CNN or WaPo to run that story? I'm not sure I'd expect them to run a segment or an article analyzing my claim and pointing out to people it's verifiable nonsense. But I get where you're coming from.

As far as I know there's no allegations against Bernie. Most of the reporting (from what I can see from a quick few searches) of Trump's accusers have been relating to ongoing legal action they are taking against him. Mrs. Reade is not currently taking any kind of legal action. But I do share some of your frustration with the media. They generally do a pretty good job but I think they consistently try to remain above the fray with Trump and get caught flat-footed when he starts taking low blows to undermine them. I wish they'd challenge him more aggressively with follow-up questions and call a spade a spade when he's just up in front of the nation lying.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Eight different women have said Biden touched them inappropriately. Biden has addressed it and apologized. None of them did what Kavanaugh's accusers did (including sworn testimony and affidavits, exposing them to criminal liability if they perjured themselves).

If we want to compare this to Kavanaugh, let's get apples next to our apples. These are not the same thing.

I also asked because this most recent allegation is wildly different from any of the past ones. And the change in this story came within the past few weeks.

The specific allegations matter. It's not intellectually honest to toss them all in the same bag and use it to call Biden a rapist.

40 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

This was an excellent overview of this situation and incredibly fair to all parties involved. Highly recommend reading if you want the meat and potatoes of the situation.

That's an excellent run-down of what's happening with this story.  Thanks.

8 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

And, it's also amazing how Republicans all of a sudden are so concerned about an allegation of sexual misconduct that has been brought up from the past.  

Meanwhile, supporting a President who is well known for sexual assault.  He even brags about it.

Sorry, Republicans have absolutely zero moral high ground on this subject.

We were discussing the difference in media reaction to the two accusations.  Or rather, the complete lack of reaction from the media when allegations are made about their own party.  And no one who stood behind the Clinton machine for 30 years has even the medium ground.

5 hours ago, RedDenver said:

I agree. Another aspect of this is why ABC, CBS, etc. aren't talking about this story or interviewing her.

They are main stream media who will back the DNC candidate.  Far more interesting is whether Fox News gives her air time.  The Biden camp may not be able to play the No Access to the White House if you run it card because the Ds have already blackballed Fox from the primaries and wouldn't be offering much during the general. 

5 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

We were discussing the difference in media reaction to the two accusations.  Or rather, the complete lack of reaction from the media when allegations are made about their own party.  And no one who stood behind the Clinton machine for 30 years has even the medium ground.

BS.

The "Media" reported very heavily on all the Clinton investigations and impeachment including both Bill and Hillary.  

The only reason you're not seeing as much reporting on this is because of the pandemic.  For some reason, thousands of people dying from a disease takes people's attention.  However, it has been reported.  If it hadn't been, none of us would have heard anything about it.

Question for you.  Do you think sexual assault should be a disqualified for someone holding the oval office?

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

They are main stream media who will back the DNC candidate.  Far more interesting is whether Fox News gives her air time.  The Biden camp may not be able to play the No Access to the White House if you run it card because the Ds have already blackballed Fox from the primaries and wouldn't be offering much during the general. 

I'm not sure if this can be overstated.

5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

BS.

The "Media" reported very heavily on all the Clinton investigations and impeachment including both Bill and Hillary.  

The only reason you're not seeing as much reporting on this is because of the pandemic.  For some reason, thousands of people dying from a disease takes people's attention.  However, it has been reported.  If it hadn't been, none of us would have heard anything about it.

Question for you.  Do you think sexual assault should be a disqualified for someone holding the oval office?

Do you mean a conviction or an accusation?  

8 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

I also asked because this most recent allegation is wildly different from any of the past ones. And the change in this story came within the past few weeks.

The specific allegations matter. It's not intellectually honest to toss them all in the same bag and use it to call Biden a rapist.

Nit pick: her story changed back in January when Biden looked like he was going to lose.

I agree with your other points though.

1 minute ago, RedDenver said:

Nit pick: her story changed back in January when Biden looked like he was going to lose.

I agree with your other points though.

I don't really have a problem with peoples stories changing a bit, I think that is normal.  I remember most things very well but I have not really been in a situation that is comparable to something like that.

I actually think I would be more worried if the story didn't change a bit...it would seem very scripted.