The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

Just now, The Dude said:

I guess I'm not as hung up on the specific medical diagnosis.   He clearly is suffering from a cognitive decline of some sort, that's extremely similar to dementia. 

That's the salient point, and I can't understand why so many people are willing to pretend it isn't so.

Because they’ve put all their eggs in this basket. We as a society haven’t learned that maybe grandpas aren’t the smartest choices to lead a country of 330 million. 

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I guess I'm not as hung up on the specific medical diagnosis.   He clearly is suffering from a cognitive decline of some sort, that's extremely similar to dementia. 

That's the salient point, and I can't understand why so many people are willing to pretend it isn't so.

He has the same cognitive decline that is normal for all people as they age, just like Bernie and Trump. No one is as sharp at his age as they are when they're younger. He's also just not a great public speaker and redirects a lot, if that's important.

I'm pushing back because I work in the medical field and this sh#t is important. There's a concerted effort to paint him as some senile old geezer on the part of people wanting 4 more years of Trump and people who don't know better, and I'd like to minimize the latter group as much as possible by educating them.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
3 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Sure, upload your medical degree that qualifies your diagnosis and I'll sign off.

If you can’t diagnose yours and others symptoms on a quick google search, you’re living in the 20th century. 

6 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I'm sure they also have access to Biden's PET/MRI scans as well. 

In all seriousness, I do think the stress and rigor of the campaign is catching up with Biden. 
Obviously Trump just spews random S***, but I feel his cognitive levels are much higher than Biden at this point, and definitely Bernie for that matter. I will leave it at that. 

lol I’ll leave the original up. Typing on a phone sucks. Bernie and Trump both converse at a higher level than Biden at this point is what I was trying to get across. 

• Haha 2
10 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

He has the same cognitive decline that is normal for all people as they age, just like Bernie and Trump. No one is as sharp at his age as they are when they're younger. He's also just not a great public speaker and redirects a lot, if that's important.

I'm pushing back because I work in the medical field and this sh#t is important. There's a concerted effort to paint him as some senile old geezer on the part of people wanting 4 more years of Trump and people who don't know better, and I'd like to minimize the latter group as much as possible by educating them.

Anyone arguing this point is doing it in bad faith, because the person currently in office has lower cognitive abilities than Joe does, even at his worst. 

• Plus1 1
18 hours ago, knapplc said:

Bernie largely hasn't even tried. Bernie is a force owned by Bernie, and Bernie alone. He's a zealot, which is what some people really like about him, but in his zealotry there's no room for compromise.

That's why voters turned away from him in 2016, and again in 2020.  Some of his ideas are really good, but he is incapable of building coalitions. Especially in a post-Trump era, we're going to need someone who can bridge a lot of divides. Bernie is not that guy. Biden is. Voters see that and that's why we're here today.

Voters actually turned to Bernie  Sanders in 2016. He was a legitimate challenger and much needed alternative to Hillary Clinton, and with little name recognition and none of Clinton's political machinery, he won several states and IIRC ended up with around 45% of the Democratic Primary vote, which blindsided the Clinton camp and the DNC. He explained systemic problems in America in a way that average Americans understood, and actually gave detailed analysis of how ambitious social programs could work, and return money to the American economy in ways we normally don't discuss. The surprising show of support for Sanders caused the Democrats to adopt some of his Progressive platform, which is now considered far more mainstream than it was a mere three and a half years ago. 

Many people didn't support Bernie Sanders in 2016, but they respected him well enough. He's been ranked as the most trusted politician and most liked Senator ever since. 

He's been the same guy saying the same stuff for 50 years, but this year the narrative against Bernie Sanders and his supporters veered into resentment and pure hatred. You have every right not to support Bernie Sanders for any number of reasons, but this narrative was not exactly organic. It was well-organized and often willfully inaccurate.

As mentioned, the Democratic establishment also had every right to fight the Sanders takeover of their party, but let's not pretend they were the innocent victims of trolling Sanders zealots. They sowed a lot of toxic s#!t, and if the prize is Joe Biden it could easily come back to bite them. Biden might be uniquely qualified to lose to Donal Trump. 

• Plus1 2

4 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

If you guys go back a few pages, I posted Australian news talking about Bidens cognitive decline.  They all remarked that they can't imagine him doing well in a debate against Trump.

All of them thought Trump would wax the floor with Biden.

Don't say us Bernie supporters didn't throw up the flags...because we did.

I agree that Biden will struggle on a debate stage, especially now that he can’t fall back on “when I was the VP.” 

1 minute ago, Danny Bateman said:

Personally I kind of like the underdog vibe. People already left Diamond Joe for dead and he went out and waxed the entire field in the primary.

I'm not sure people thinking Trump running away with this is a bad thing.

Biden is the favorite on some sites. Might be a slight trump lean at this point. 

I think the zealotry is a double-edged sword, too. I don't think compromise has worked so well for the Democrats for the last 40 years. The political center has been pushed so far to the right, that I think people appreciate someone with an actual point of view and a willingness to fight for it. 

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

If you guys go back a few pages, I posted Australian news talking about Bidens cognitive decline.  They all remarked that they can't imagine him doing well in a debate against Trump.

All of them thought Trump would wax the floor with Biden.

Don't say us Bernie supporters didn't throw up the flags...because we did.

I saw it, its from Sky News - Which is Australia's Fox News. Described as "Sky News is our Fox News - completely insane, biased, conservative, lunacy." by a local Australian. I'd take anything you see there with a big fat grain of salt. Might as well quote some right wing twitter account in regards to Biden. 

https://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/sky-s-jump-to-the-right-has-boosted-ratings-but-at-what-cost-20190527-p51rlx.html

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1