The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

1 hour ago, Danny Bateman said:

I like that. Basically saying put up or shut up. They offered to spend up to $100M increasing youth turnout in the fall as well.

I have no problem with this. Biden's going to need all the allies he can get. Big tent.

Yep. Let's see how Biden responds.

1 minute ago, commando said:

tell them to grow the eff up and vote for who closest represents what they want.   every election there are lots of people who started out supporting someone who ends up not getting the nomination.  you know what they do?  they go out and chose their next best option after their first choice falls out. sitting at home and pouting really does them no good.

The letter gives you why they may not see it the way you do:

Messaging around a "return to normalcy" does not and has not earned the support and trust of
voters from our generation. For so many young people, going back to the way things were
“before Trump” isn’t a motivating enough reason to cast a ballot in November. And now, the
coronavirus pandemic has exposed not only the failure of Trump, but how decades of
policymaking has failed to create a robust social safety net for the vast majority of Americans.

Young people are issues-first voters. Fewer identify with a political party than any other
generation. Exclusively anti-Trump messaging won’t be enough to lead any candidate to victory.
We need you to champion the bold ideas that have galvanized our generation and given us hope
in the political process.

2 minutes ago, commando said:

tell them to grow the eff up and vote for who closest represents what they want.   every election there are lots of people who started out supporting someone who ends up not getting the nomination.  you know what they do?  they go out and chose their next best option after their first choice falls out. sitting at home and pouting really does them no good.

OH MAN ARE YOU ABOUT TO GET JUMPED.

I've been saying this for months and some people do NOT like to hear it.  RIP in peace!

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Well, there's nobody else left for Obama to endorse so...

UNLESS...

Hide contents

Obama endorses Trump in a stunning plot twist!!!!

So bad - I thought Frankenstein's monster himself was going to walk out

17 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

My 2 cents as a millennial. I like Bernie's policies, and I know many my age do. Clearly Biden aligns much more with Bernie, than Trump does. That's true for everything from a public health care option, to DACA, to gun reform, to abortion, to minimum wage, to free college, to teacher pay, to private prisons, to abortion. I care about all these things, and I care about my community. I'm not gonna burn it down to prove a point, Biden is decidedly better for me and my community so Im voting for him. People worse off than me can't afford another Trump presidency. 

Well said. Another millennial for Biden checking in.

I've really never gotten the impression in my life that Republicans give a sh#t about me or people like me. That's accelerated badly under Trump. Obviously the Dems could do a lot of things better but they've done tangible things to show they can meaningfully improve my life. Trump and his following view people who do not fall in behind them as the enemy. Meanwhile the Dems are trying to offer an inclusive, welcoming message to anyone who wants to join and speaking to issues that matter to me.

If I could snap my fingers and make Bernie's ideas into the law of the land I would. But I can't. We've got a stupid political system where we get two choices. One of them gives a sh#t about what I care about and the other views me and lots of other normal, everyday Americans as the enemy.

I can't in good conscience leave the bad people at the wheel. Let's come together, elect Biden and start charting our progress and settling our differences later.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

Then you didn't read and understand the article.  All politicians' followers tweet negative and positive the exact same amount.  The idea of the Bernie Bro is that a majority of Bernies followers are white, male and angry.  The data in this shows that's not true. 

The article was an interview with the data scientist at Harvard who did the study by leveraging Deep Learning technologies (AI).

Make fun of the publication...but the study was sound. 

No one used word "majority" except people seeking a problem so they can solve it.   The Bernie Bros are/were a known commodity on social media and the stats just showed that they were overrepresented on Twitter.  That's actually quite typical.  Angry men, often white males under 40, populate social media way way out of proportion to their actual % of the population.

There may be an opportunity for Trump to get at least a sliver of those voters.  Trump is THE uber angry man and it's normal for that demographic to support him. 

39 minutes ago, commando said:

I don't tell people how to vote, or to vote, or who to vote for. Never have, never will.

Also, settling for a compromise candidate has nothing to do with growing up. Included in my anecdotal observations of millenials commenting on Facebook today were plenty of mature, responsible, successful, ethical adults. 

Shaming people aint the way to get anywhere friends. Especially people jaded and resistant to the status quo. 

• Plus1 1
46 minutes ago, commando said:

It's a normal feeling for the boring policy-based voter.  I feel fortunate if my first choice even finished in 3rd.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Landlord said:

I don't tell people how to vote, or to vote, or who to vote for. Never have, never will.

Also, settling for a compromise candidate has nothing to do with growing up. Included in my anecdotal observations of millenials commenting on Facebook today were plenty of mature, responsible, successful, ethical adults. 

Shaming people aint the way to get anywhere friends. Especially people jaded and resistant to the status quo. 

if they don't vote i think they have abdicated any right to complain about who gets voted in.   not voting means you are really  happy with whoever gets voted in.   

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

It's a normal feeling for the boring policy-based voter.  I feel fortunate if my first choice even finished in 3rd.

FWIW....in the next election...i would like to see your first choice finish 3rd.   

• Plus1 1