The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

5 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

This is a dumb idea...that someone voting their conscience is somehow immature. 

Absolutely not at all.  Voting your conscience is mature.  Not voting at all because the one person in the entire race didn't get the nomination and you're so upset about it that you just can't vote for anyone else....is immature.

• Plus1 1

Just now, commando said:

thats complete B.S.   it is self defeating.   there might be more then enough people to overthrow the trump vote if they don't have that attitude.   that attitude encourages people to give up before the election even if there are enough votes there to beat trump.   you have to go out and vote like your vote matters because maybe it will matter.  

I vote every election.  But, gotta admit, I have the same attitude.  My vote really doesn't matter at all.  We have absolutely NO say in the primaries....ever....in any election.  Then, this state is so red that there is no chance of changing that by my vote no matter if I vote for an R or a D.  

Now, where I do feel like I have a say is in more local elections and for my state and federal representatives.  But for President.....nope....no say at all.

7 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

This is a dumb idea...that someone voting their conscience is somehow immature. 

voting against their interest  is immature.   if you have a progressive agenda you don't want trump in the white house if it's at all possible to defeat him.   

Just now, BlitzFirst said:

Well the number of Bernie Supporters 'loyal to Bernie' who won't vote for anyone else is small now and the number was small in 2016 (90% of Bernie Supporters voted for Hillary).  But the narrative....oh that narrative...it was big...and it seems to still be big now.

See above.  90% of Bernie Supporters in 2016 voted for Hillary.  I don't think you'll see many temper tantrum style I'm not voting folks out there.  If anything, they'll vote Green Party...but they won't cast their vote for Trump...of that I'm sure...2016 showed us that.

Isn't it crazy how people push the narrative though?

Great....but, that doesn't mean that 10% of them have an immature attitude towards it.

Just now, commando said:

thats complete B.S.   it is self defeating. 

It's no more self defeating than shaming people for not voting for one of the two major party candidates because nobody else can win.

Just now, commando said:

there might be more then enough people to overthrow the trump vote if they don't have that attitude.

There might be more than enough people to vote Sanders or someone third party or independent and have them win if they don't have the attitude that the only mature right option is to vote for Biden.

Just now, commando said:

that attitude encourages people to give up before the election even if there are enough votes there to beat trump.   you have to go out and vote like your vote matters because maybe it will matter.  

The attitude of not voting against Trump is the same as voting for Trump encourages people to give up, compromise, and actively support a turd sandwich.

Just now, commando said:

you have to go out and vote like your vote matters because maybe it will matter.  

Yes, go out and vote like your vote matters. Vote for someone you can actually support. Someone you're proud to vote of. It's your vote, it matters, vote with your conscience and don't be an accessory to a broken system everyone is trying to shame you into.

How do you like it thrown back at you? :P

• Plus1 3

10 hours ago, knapplc said:

If you can't see that Trump is a problem for this country than HOO BOY you have worse problems than not being able to hide because there aren't any crowds anymore, Waldo.

:lol:

Just the paragraph above I stated I didn’t vote for him or Clinton, meaning I can see a problem. 

6 minutes ago, Landlord said:

It's no more self defeating than shaming people for not voting for one of the two major party candidates because nobody else can win.

There might be more than enough people to vote Sanders or someone third party or independent and have them win if they don't have the attitude that the only mature right option is to vote for Biden.

The attitude of not voting against Trump is the same as voting for Trump encourages people to give up, compromise, and actively support a turd sandwich.

Yes, go out and vote like your vote matters. Vote for someone you can actually support. Someone you're proud to vote of. It's your vote, it matters, vote with your conscience and don't be an accessory to a broken system everyone is trying to shame you into.

How do you like it thrown back at you? :P

what is your agenda?   do you want to try to step forward or let moscow mitch and trump stack the courts for a generation with far right wing judges?   if you want to face an uphill battle for a generation try to get a progressive agenda passed through all the legal challenges you don't want these unqualified far right wing judges stacked up against you.   but vote against your interests if it makes you feel better.   makes no difference to me as i am a conservative.  the judges may be zealots that i dislike.....but they are conservatives.   they are more likely to vote my way then your way.    i am just trying to point out big picture to kids who don't seem to know any better. 

13 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Luckily, for Joe, he won't be elected. Trump's base is too big, and Trump is going to body him in the debates.

I hope you're joking. You say Biden has dementia but Trumps mental decline is really bad. He won't be bodying anyone in a debate unless you like cheap shots based on lies. 

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

Just the paragraph above I stated I didn’t vote for him or Clinton, meaning I can see a problem. 

The takeaway there was the joke about not being able to hide in crowds anymore.

Because your name is Waldo.

Like that guy in the kids books.

It's funny.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I vote every election.  But, gotta admit, I have the same attitude.  My vote really doesn't matter at all.  We have absolutely NO say in the primaries....ever....in any election.  Then, this state is so red that there is no chance of changing that by my vote no matter if I vote for an R or a D.  

Now, where I do feel like I have a say is in more local elections and for my state and federal representatives.  But for President.....nope....no say at all.

Even the local stuff (like, issues, such as gambling and pot) are annoying in this state (Nebraska).  

26 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I hope you're joking. You say Biden has dementia but Trumps mental decline is really bad. He won't be bodying anyone in a debate unless you like cheap shots based on lies. 

Not joking at all. Trump has a lot of mental issues, but I don't think cognitive decline is one of them. Cheap shots, and lies...Yep. Unethical, but effective.

29 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Exactly how big do you think his base is compared to the people who absolutely will never vote for him?

Joe, especially under his current condition, is very underwhelming, and yes, Trump will destroy him. You and I may find his tactics gross, but they're effective. Obviously.

3 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Its huge. It’s 3 million fewer than Hilarys base, and people absolutely  love her. 

Is this a prediction that Biden defeats Trump?