The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

1.  Yes, Trumps kids got sweet gigs because of their last name, just like Hunter.  Hunter did nothing wrong. 

2.  How in the world can anyone try to say how a mom should be "acting" and what "questions" she should be asking after her daughter told her she was raped.  That is low.  We went from "I don't think we should be able to question people's mental status" to "I know how a mom of a rape victim should be acting and what questions she should be asking" 

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

1.  Yes, Trumps kids got sweet gigs because of their last name, just like Hunter.  Hunter did nothing wrong. 

This isn’t what people are talking about when they talk about Trump’s kids. Hunter getting a random job in some other country in part because of his last name is not close to Trump’s kids working for him and having an active role in how our government is run with no vetting or qualifications for it. The former had no effect whatsoever on our country and Biden didn’t get the job for him or pressure anyone into giving him the job.

For good reason there aren’t laws about the former but are about the latter; he’s just breaking them with no repercussions because the GOP doesn’t give a f#&% about the things they should.

• Plus1 2
7 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Still thinking that Main stream media isn't influencing the election in any way?

Definitely interesting.  But what would be the point?  The cat's already out of the bag regarding the Larry King call...

I'm not saying it's not shady, but is it possible there is another reason?  Were they concerned about people stealing it and using without copyright?  That has to be a pretty popular episode that people are eager to dissect and share.

9 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

I guess less people will see it and perhaps not be influenced?  That's why these things normally happen.

Who goes to GooglePlay to watch a 25 year old episode of Larry King Live? The only reason a person would seek that episode would be because they already saw it shared.  Again, it's obviously been removed while others are still there.  But people at CNN are professionals, they'd have to know that this would be obvious and create more questions.  Right?

That just leads me to believe there was "potentially" some other reason.  CNN could have gotten rid of all LKL content and no one would have noticed, or at least they could make an excuse about data storage and internet traffic.  

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

It's not about Google Play...it's just one single platform of distribution and is tied to Youtube.  If it's pulled there, chances of this single video being pulled elsewhere go up.

This is standard damage control methodology.  Remove the video in question to decrease the overall exposure.

If you think it's a coincidence go for it.  I don't.  We can agree to disagree.

I don't disagree.  If it is what people apparently think it is, I'm just shocked that CNN is that obvious about it.  There isn't a way to defend their reasoning other than to say the episode hurts Biden. Which would definitely play into the "fake news" mantra of the media being corrupt.  

I've seen many things the last few years that made me say "holy s#!t, that can't be real!" only to find out it is.  Maybe this is another one of those.

4 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

It's possible that this is the only location LKL is authorized to be distributed by CNN. 

Google Play is a HUGE backend platform for Google that plugs into Google TV and Youtube (just as an FYI...it's where you rent/buy videos in Google TV from).  So when you remove it from Google Play, you're removing it from YouTube and Google TV as well.

I don't have knowledge of this being the only location of the video being distributed...

I just know this is censorship from a media conglomerate and I wonder if the Biden campaign did something they shouldn't have and asked them to remove it.  It would create more problems than it would solve...it would imply the campaign being actively involved in a cover up like action.  That would be a bad look and I hope it didn't go down that way.

This is my point.  If it is what it looks like, it's the equivalent of a three year old saying she didn't eat the cake on the table while she's covered in it.  Except not nearly as cute!

I would expect the people at CNN would at least attempt to set up a story to say "I never ate the cake, but I tripped over the cat and fell face first into it!"

2 minutes ago, funhusker said:

This is my point.  If it is what it looks like, it's the equivalent of a three year old saying she didn't eat the cake on the table while she's covered in it.  Except not nearly as cute!

Biden campaign already got the NYT to change part of their story about Reade's accusations, so they've already done it once. But that was a small change in the text and this would be removing the whole thing. Not sure what to make of it. Surely someone has already made a copy.

last election the media covered trump saying he grabbed em by the kitty and it got him elected. this time a woman says a candidate grabbed her by the kitty and it isn't getting covered.  guess that means joe won't win.  why is the MSM against Joe?

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

So many hypocrites on both sides when it comes to sexual assault and party allegiance. I remember the Kavanaugh thread on here. Most would have hung the man before the trial, but it’s pretty quiet when it’s their guy. 

What Biden is accused of is gross and unacceptable.  What Trump is accused of is gross and unacceptable.  In this discussion, we need to accept one of them.

There were many choices in the Kavanaugh debacle.  We don't have that luxury now.  Pick a pervert and defend!

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Waldo said:

So many hypocrites on both sides when it comes to sexual assault and party allegiance. I remember the Kavanaugh thread on here. Most would have hung the man before the trial, but it’s pretty quiet when it’s their guy. 

How is it quiet? People are talking about it right now in this topic you’re replying to, including saying he shouldn’t be the nominee (that was me). I also said I’d be ok with both Trump and Biden choking on a sandwich if they’re rapists. You must be bad at Where’s Waldo?

Also, dunno if it’s just me, but I’m completely burned out now and I’m disappointed at the DNC for continuing to fail when all they need to do right now is be mediocre. 

• Plus1 1
27 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

How is it quiet? People are talking about it right now in this topic you’re replying to, including saying he shouldn’t be the nominee (that was me). I also said I’d be ok with both Trump and Biden choking on a sandwich if they’re rapists. You must be bad at Where’s Waldo?

Also, dunno if it’s just me, but I’m completely burned out now and I’m disappointed at the DNC for continuing to fail when all they need to do right now is be mediocre. 

It still comes down to the Democrat and Republican voters. They are the ones that have given us these two candidates. 

On the Democrat side, there were probably a half dozen people who could have ultimately been a better candidate.  But, no...we get another 70+ year old guy who should be home playing with his grand kids. 

• Plus1 1
33 minutes ago, funhusker said:

What Biden is accused of is gross and unacceptable.  What Trump is accused of is gross and unacceptable.  In this discussion, we need to accept one of them.

There were many choices in the Kavanaugh debacle.  We don't have that luxury now.  Pick a pervert and defend!

The creep in me is struggling to pick one :(