The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

8 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Does it really matter?

I mean...if an ER surgeon is awesome for 44 minutes and 30 seconds of an operation but horrible for 30 seconds are you like...Dude, still did a bang up job!

If a truck driver is an awesome driver for all but 30 seconds do you still praise him?

It is okay to be concerned about his mushy mind, it isn't the end of the world.  His team needs to do a better job of limiting his time on camera and/or he needs to work on simple soundbites that he can use with ease until he wins.

Two things. First, I've sat in on many surgeries, taken many heart/traches back from surgery and cared for them for an entire shift post surgery. Surgeons f#&% up way more than you think, and its not that they're bad at what they do, that's just the nature of. Second, if you're judging ANYONE on 1% of what they do and making conclusions off it - you are doing it wrong. Mike Trout strikes out 20% of his ABs, does he suck at baseball? Is his bat turning to mush? Base your conclusions of the entire picture, not a centimeter of it - you look silly. 

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Two things. First, I've sat in on many surgeries, taken many heart/traches back from surgery and cared for them for an entire shift post surgery. Surgeons f#&% up way more than you think, and its not that they're bad at what they do, that's just the nature of. Second, if you're judging ANYONE on 1% of what they do and making conclusions off it - you are doing it wrong. Mike Trout strikes out 20% of his ABs, does he suck at baseball? Is his bat turning to mush? Base your conclusions of the entire picture, not a centimeter of it - you look silly. 

I don't really watch MLB anymore but I thought Trout was like a super good player and an MVP and maybe the highest paid player?  Unless Bobby Bonilla is still making bank. 

6 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I don't really watch MLB anymore but I thought Trout was like a super good player and an MVP and maybe the highest paid player?  Unless Bobby Bonilla is still making bank. 

He is by far the best player in baseball, he mashes. Someone could clip together all his strikeouts and post them on twitter and say, look how bad Trout sucks. And for someone who didn't watch the rest of Trouts season, they'd come away thinking, "Man that Trout guy really blows, he struck out in everyone of those clips", but in reality Trout is out here spraying the ballfield like a hall of famer. Its a imperfect analogy because Biden is not the Mike Trout of politics, but the point is, you take the worst 1% of anything anyone does, and anyone can look like a clueless schmuck.  

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk!

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I wouldn't worry too much about teach. He loves to poke the bear for both sides to get people riled up.

I didn't watch but someone else watching the Biden/Abrams town hall last night on MSNBC said he'll whoop Trump in debates which indicates a good performance. Everyone's perception of Biden is definitely based on what specific clip or segment with him they just saw and everyone seems to blow things out of proportion regardless.

I think we should just sit back and wait until they actually go head to head and reach a conclusion then.

3 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

I wouldn't worry too much about teach. He loves to poke the bear for both sides to get people riled up.

I didn't watch but someone else watching the Biden/Abrams town hall last night on MSNBC said he'll whoop Trump in debates which indicates a good performance. Everyone's perception of Biden is definitely based on what specific clip or segment with him they just saw and everyone seems to blow things out of proportion regardless.

I think we should just sit back and wait until they actually go head to head and reach a conclusion then.

Good point, I like @teachercd, maybe that was more a PSA for anyone that like to take slivers of entire conversations and make assumptions off them. Also it allowed me to spread the gospel of Mike Trout. 

2 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Good point, I like @teachercd, maybe that was more a PSA for anyone that like to take slivers of entire conversations and make assumptions off them. Also it allowed me to spread the gospel of Mike Trout. 

Trout is probably the most low-profile, under-heralded superstar in our generation.

Plus he's a huge Eagles fan!

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e472e6f3beb3b6595960f

• Plus1 1

25 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

How is it not honest?

Because he will not stick to that.  He is a career politician,  Those guys all play the game and look out for each other.

Once he gets into office his agenda is going to be filled up with much bigger things.

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

good perspective.  Having come over to the the other side of the aisle,  I get tooooooo nervous that the Dems may screw this up yet.  Of course tRump will make fun of Biden but most people are getting sick of it. It may have been funny for some in 2016 as trump had a very unconventional approach, but now we've seen the fruit of it.  From an intelligence and experience perspective, tRump can't even lick Biden's shoes - that is how far below trump is. So I hope the Biden people can put him in the position where his experience and also his compassion can shine.   

52 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Because he will not stick to that.  He is a career politician,  Those guys all play the game and look out for each other.

Once he gets into office his agenda is going to be filled up with much bigger things.

You really think Biden, of all people, is going to pardon Trump.