The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

Trump's lines of attack against Biden aren't going to work.

Shot:

Chaser:

If serious, apolitical journalists like Tapper are willing to call this what it is - unmitigated bulls#!t - perhaps the media has learned some lessons from 2016. That a lot of them take time treating Obamagate like a real thing and the amount of "explainer" pieces I've seen are worrying, though. If the media keeps treating Trump's bad-faith BS like legitimate news they have to cover honestly they're doing the country a disservice.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Trump's lines of attack against Biden aren't going to work.

Shot:

Chaser:

If serious, apolitical journalists like Tapper are willing to call this what it is - unmitigated bulls#!t - perhaps the media has learned some lessons from 2016. That a lot of them take time treating Obamagate like a real thing and the amount of "explainer" pieces I've seen are worrying, though. If the media keeps treating Trump's bad-faith BS like legitimate news they have to cover honestly they're doing the country a disservice.

There's a story about a boy who cried wolf that comes to mind. When Trump started his attacks 4 years ago with Hilary, it was decently effective (maybe because people were predisposed to dislike her). But after 4 years of this crap, I don't think people outside his base (who would vote for him if he took a dump on their doorstep and kicked their dog) even bat an eye on his bogus attacks. They hold no merit what so ever. If you accuse everyone you don't like of bogus crap, pretty soon those accusations will hold absolutely no weight.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

There's a story about a boy who cried wolf that comes to mind. When Trump started his attacks 4 years ago with Hilary, it was decently effective (maybe because people were predisposed to dislike her). But after 4 years of this crap, I don't think people outside his base (who would vote for him if he took a dump on their doorstep and kicked their dog) even bat an eye on his bogus attacks. They hold no merit what so ever. If you accuse everyone you don't like of bogus crap, pretty soon those accusations will hold absolutely no weight.

I totally agree with this take.

But even so,  when you take a step back, it's pretty wild where we are. The President casually tossing out accusations of pedophilia and murder with no basis in fact and facing no blowback from his own party is nuts.

17 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

I totally agree with this take.

But even so,  when you take a step back, it's pretty wild where we are. The President casually tossing out accusations of pedophilia and murder with no basis in fact and facing no blowback from his own party is nuts.

the republican party has become the conspiracy party.    throw whatever conspiracy you like out there as long as it helps you get votes.    and with the help of the propaganda networks it works.

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

both parties are s#!t right now.  I don't think either one of them will recover from the cesspools they created in the past few years.  I'm ready for a 3rd party to form that doesn't put lobbyists and large corporation interests above that of American people.

Yep, this is true.

I get hating Trump but if anyone thinks that the D's are this nice moral people, you are lying to yourself.

It still amazes me that people think big business owners are evil people that are trying to take advantage of others but that somehow big time politicians (that belong to the party they like) are not.  

I am not a Sanders fan at all but I do really think he wants to help people...I do think that is his first thought.  His thoughts on how to help people are insane but I think he really wants to help people.

4 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

both parties are s#!t right now.  I don't think either one of them will recover from the cesspools they created in the past few years.  I'm ready for a 3rd party to form that doesn't put lobbyists and large corporation interests above that of American people.

Both parties are s#!t but I wouldn't say they are comparable. One party is far s#!ttier at this point in time 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

Amen.   There has got to be a coalition of people from center right to center left that can rid us of all of the baggage we are seeing in each party and start looking at the issues without the misguided party filters.   First I think we have to get rid of the virus in the WH and which has infected the GOP.  The GOP needs a kick in the ..... so that they can stop and take a hard look at themselves.  It probably won't happened so then I hope the principled GOPers can find others of like mind from the Dem party to start something fresh.  Who would lead this???  I would have loved to see a Kasich/Hickenlooper ticket to challenge trump.    Maybe  John McCain should have picked Joe Lieberman for VP as some had suggested.  History might have been changed and maybe we don't end up wt this mess today. 

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, teachercd said:

The more I watch Bernie speak, that more I wish the D's had not f#&%ed him over.  Some of his ideas are insane but that is okay, everyone has crazy ideas.  But him on stage vs Trump would be amazing.

Now Biden saying he might only serve one term?  Is he trying to not get votes??  

Is this the residue of Obamacare focus groups?  Didn't they find the strongest argument supporting the law was how easily it could be avoided? 

Vote Biden, and away Joe will go.

Pretty amazing what the Cult members believe. They (Eric Trump specifically) still are claiming this is one Democratic hoax to steal the election from tRump.    The below is wrong on sooooo many levels - it just boggles the mind with the level of victim hood, self-centerness, blind loyalty, and ignorance at play here.

https://www.lmtonline.com/news/article/Eric-Trump-claims-coronavirus-is-Democratic-hoax-15276534.php

Eric Trump claimed Saturday that the coronavirus will "magically" vanish after the November election and allow the country to fully reopen - an assertion that has no basis in science and is contradicted by health experts worldwide.

In an interview with Fox News' Jeanine Pirro, Trump suggested the president's critics were using the pandemic to undermine his father's rallies, calling it a "cognizant strategy" that would cease once it was no longer politically expedient.

"They think they are taking away Donald Trump's greatest tool, which is being able to go into an arena and fill it with 50,000 people every single time," the younger Trump said. "You watch, they'll milk it every single day between now and November 3. And guess what, after November 3, coronavirus will magically, all of a sudden, go away and disappear and everybody will be able to reopen."

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

Pretty amazing what the Cult members believe. They (Eric Trump specifically) still are claiming this is one Democratic hoax to steal the election from tRump.    The below is wrong on sooooo many levels - it just boggles the mind with the level of victim hood, self-centerness, blind loyalty, and ignorance at play here.

https://www.lmtonline.com/news/article/Eric-Trump-claims-coronavirus-is-Democratic-hoax-15276534.php

The Dems really have quite the operation going. How much did they pay Italy, Spain, France, ect. to put on this ruse? 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, teachercd said:

It is clearly not some hoax...but it clearly is crushing any chance Trump had to get reelected. 

And that is his own fault. This crisis was a make or break opportunity for him imo and he missed the boat. Imagine a world where the US handled COVID extremely well and stopped any major outbreak from happening. Trump could point to Italy, Spain, the UK and say 'look what I did. I kept us from that!' The economy would be in a better place as well and we all knows how he feels about the economy as it pertains to the election. He had a golden ticket in hand realistically but he let it slip through his fingers. 

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

And that is his own fault. This crisis was a make or break opportunity for him imo and he missed the boat. Imagine a world where the US handled COVID extremely well and stopped any major outbreak from happening. Trump could point to Italy, Spain, the UK and say 'look what I did. I kept us from that!' The economy would be in a better place as well and we all knows how he feels about the economy as it pertains to the election. He had a golden ticket in hand realistically but he let it slip through his fingers. 

Yeah, that is probably true.  Had it been handled "perfectly" whatever that would have looked like, he would have been won with ease (assuming that the stock market stayed high, unemployment was low and the economy was still banging).

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Yeah, that is probably true.  Had it been handled "perfectly" whatever that would have looked like, he would have been won with ease (assuming that the stock market stayed high, unemployment was low and the economy was still banging).

I don't even think he had to handle it perfectly but definitely better than now would have been good. I think if it generally seemed like he was listening to the experts and doing everything he could as soon as he could that would be enough. Crisis bump is a real thing and I think he could have held onto it though the election had this been approached differently. And as you well know, I really dislike the guy and think he is an awful president.