The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

3 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

OTOH Barr said he does not intend to persecute Obama, something that Biden has left open the door for Trump. 

If Barr finds something illegal that Obama did, he will prosecute.  He just admitted that he currently doesn't see any evidence of crimes.  Same thing Biden said about Trump, if there are/were crimes committed he'd hold people accountable.

I hope all Presidents are held accountable if they commit crimes.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, funhusker said:

If Barr finds something illegal that Obama did, he will prosecute.  He just admitted that he currently doesn't see any evidence of crimes.  Same thing Biden said about Trump, if there are/were crimes committed he'd hold people accountable.

I hope all Presidents are held accountable if they commit crimes.

No Barr is a decent man with a sense of propriety.  He knows one prosecution on an ex-POTUS will escalate into 3rd world vendettas.  That's what happened to losers of 'election' in Latin America for a long time and still does a bit.  That's what makes Comey's attempts to derail a duly elected president all the more despicable. 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

No Barr is a decent man with a sense of propriety.  He knows one prosecution on an ex-POTUS will escalate into 3rd world vendettas.  That's what happened to losers of 'election' in Latin America for a long time and still does a bit.  That's what makes Comey's attempts to derail a duly elected president all the more despicable. 

But you’re okay with Trump going on and on about It?

1 hour ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Barr is GOP hack and no different from any other Trump flunkie at this point, sadly. At one point it seemed like he might've been a serious person who understood the importance of an impartial DOJ that doesn't prostrate itself to corruptly serve the president's corrupt interests. But it didn't play out that way.

The reason Barr isn't going to prosecute Obama or Biden doesn't have anything to do with vendettas or Latin America or precedent. It's because there's no there there and this farce is a bunch of nonsense.

Also, Biden gave the correct answer re: prosecution. The president should not seek to influence such things for their own interests, as Trump has, because that would be corrupt.

4 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

Barr is GOP hack and no different from any other Trump flunkie at this point, sadly. At one point it seemed like he might've been a serious person who understood the importance of an impartial DOJ that doesn't prostrate itself to corruptly serve the president's corrupt interests. But it didn't play out that way.

The reason Barr isn't going to prosecute Obama or Biden doesn't have anything to do with vendettas or Latin America or precedent. It's because there's no there there and this farce is a bunch of nonsense.

Also, Biden gave the correct answer re: prosecution. The president should not seek to influence such things for their own interests, as Trump has, because that would be corrupt.

The statute of limitations on Hilary's emails has not run.  Comey's decision not to prosecute does not tie the hands of any US Attorney. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, teachercd said:

My god...Biden vs Trump is essentially going to be like watching a documentary . on nursing home patients with dementia and alzheimers. 

i hear the potato wars are worse then the bowling green massacre.  maybe even worse then the battles to take the airports during the revolutionary war.   many are saying it.

• Haha 4
23 minutes ago, commando said:

i hear the potato wars are worse then the bowling green massacre.  maybe even worse then the battles to take the airports during the revolutionary war.   many are saying it.

Hahaha!

If they debate it should be mandatory that they each have to answer one basic history question and one riddle.

"Mr. Biden, we will start with you...a plane flying over the border of the US and Canada crashes, right on the border, where do you bury the survivors"

• Haha 2

I love how she puts out that GOP states did the same thing without a peep from The Donald.

He's at risk of losing Michigan and Florida is closer than he wants, and he's panic-tweeting.

I voted absentee for the first time ever this year. Worked like a charm.

• Plus1 3
8 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

The statute of limitations on Hilary's emails has not run.  Comey's decision not to prosecute does not tie the hands of any US Attorney. 

By all means, let them bring a case then!

The fact they haven't should indicate it's more idiotic propaganda BS the GOP has spoonfed their voters to keep them perpetually angry and ignorant.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, commando said:

oh look.....Nevada is also cheating

The military has been voting by mail forever. I voted by mail in the primaries here in Nebraska.

Not only is this not illegal, it's likely to expand, not go away, as viruses like COVID happen.

• Plus1 2